Discussion » Nonsense » An easy way to visit YouTube, Facebook and Twitter

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

I made a program named "wormhole" to get across GFW.I code and fix this durn my spare time.

This program will setup a VPN connection to Hong Kong PCCW server. It could help people in China mainland to visit websites like youyube, facebook and etc.

Yesterday I published this program on "Software Development" . It seems working well. Now I suppose everyone want to visit website blocked by GFW can try this program. Download adress is following:

This link is for Wormhole English version:
    http://worm-hole.googlecode.com/files/wormhole%209.8English.rar

This link is for a Chinese version:
    http://worm-hole.googlecode.com/files/%E8%99%AB%E6%B4%9E9.8Chinese.rar

If these adress were blocked you can try this link (both E and C version in one package):
    http://ishare.iask.sina.com.cn/f/16883502.html

The program is a GREEN program. No setup needed.

It's a 128bit encrypted VPN connetion. When this program is active, program will temporarily change your computer DNS to HongKong PCCW server, so when first time use, some firewall maybe have an alert for this action. It's not a trojan or virus.

Username: weliveinbeijing Password: www.o0o.hk

It's free for all have seen this post. Have Fun!

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

Thx your try!

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

that's a great one

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

It doesn't work here, error code 721

• Joakim Lund Rangel

This is just ment as a simple warning info of how simple it is to collect passwords. I have no reason to believe that Edward can not be trusted.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

ah.

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

Hi Joakim Lund Rangel,

Thx for your query. I understand your warry. What you show is about to be a proxy agency management software. Proxy is a non-encryption agency for internet data. It means you give your privite information to a people you don't know, like walking on street naked.

The Wormhole is not a simple proxy thing. It's a 128bits encryption connection. That means users' data were covered by 128bits 01011111010101011`````It's a "Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption" technology. Even me the administrator cannot know the user-transfered data. (I wish I could crack this````then Mr. Bill Gates will lost his job!! What an exciting thing!!)

Anyway Wormhole connection should be a little bit saver than a non-encryption line like adsl or proxy.

thx all again for your try! enjoy~

• Joakim Lund Rangel

regret i started on this. However, the encryption is only between the user that have installed your client and the vpn server that they are connecting to. That leaves it possible for you who have access to the vpn server to sniff all the decrypted traffic (including passwords) that goes through it.

Anyways, I don`t mean to interfer and accuse your business of doing this. And taken from the responses in this thread I think you could do pretty well as long as there`s no monkey-business :)

• Joakim Lund Rangel

El Iblis: Correct. it`s all a matter of trust.

• Kevin Chen
    Kevin Chen wrote:

!!!!great!

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

free gate and "wujie" are both sopported by infamous separatist and some "big" country.  That kind of software, their goal is ```` even Twaiwan people and Gov. know that is not right. Nobody want to Visit China with a lot of passports or visas.

I don't like them.

Wormhole is suppoted by "no political". Only for users who want to know eachother, for a humanfriendly internet.

No setup, No backdoor, No politics Nor advertisement. This is a wormhole's target.

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

free gate and "wujie" are both sopported by infamous separatist and some "big" country.  That kind of software, their goal is ```` even Twaiwan people and Gov. know that is not right. Nobody want to Visit China with a lot of passports or visas.

I don't like them.

Wormhole is suppoted by "no political". Only for users who want to know eachother, for a humanfriendly internet.

No setup, No backdoor, No politics Nor advertisement. This is a wormhole's target.

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

Miss```something,

Seeing a error code 806 I supporse you are maybe useing a win7 or not?

Frankly````

ennnnn````

I think maybe your have a changed internet or intranet backround. I can do nothing about your local network`````at the moment

maye next version`````

to be continued 습니다````

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

Hi Ayiela

I hate GBP! very and much! (anyway I love Diana and Newton``)

I've been in soton and somewhere hampshire for about 2 years. Everything was expencive!!

A "Man Always Remember love Beacause Of Romantic Only", they sold this at 5.xx GBPs!! (People and weahter was good! )

U do use a satellite thing!

It's a Iridium Communications business. it's almost```

You may just try a normal China ISPs'  service, it's not expencive about 1000 RMBs per year?

If you have no a landline in your home, just apply a 3G cell phone service. Let the cell to be a wifi router, after some setting, then you can have a wifi internet on your lepop.

Do you have Guernsey or Jersey Ps? If you have I'd like to buy some coins for fun~

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

This stuff is just working for me fine, in th office and at home it loads just amazingly. Long life EZ

High Priest

• №❶ Passioη

I wish I hadn't already setup my office VPN....Seems like a good thing here

Now my only curiosity would be: Why did you choose the name "WormHole" for a Windows Application? hmmm... 奇怪

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

a wormhole is a hypothetical topological feature of spacetime that would be, fundamentally, a "shortcut" through spacetime. For a simple visual explanation of a wormhole, consider spacetime visualized as a two-dimensional (2D) surface. If this surface is folded along a third dimension, it allows one to picture a wormhole "bridge". (Please note, though, that this is merely a visualization displayed to convey an essentially unvisualisable structure existing in 4 or more dimensions. The parts of the wormhole could be higher-dimensional analogues for the parts of the curved 2D surface; for example, instead of mouths which are circular holes in a 2D plane, a real wormhole's mouths could be spheres in 3D space.) A wormhole is, in theory, much like a tunnel with two ends each in separate points in spacetime, or it can be also known as two connecting black holes.

There is no observational evidence for wormholes, but on a theoretical level there are valid solutions to the equations of the theory of general relativity which contain wormholes. The first type of wormhole solution discovered was the Schwarzschild wormhole which would be present in the Schwarzschild metric describing an eternal black hole, but it was found that this type of wormhole would collapse too quickly for anything to cross from one end to the other. Wormholes which could actually be crossed, known as traversable wormholes, would only be possible if exotic matter with negative energy density could be used to stabilize them. (Many physicists such as Stephen Hawking,[1] Kip Thorne,[2] and others<

• Dan
    Dan wrote:

cool

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

Wory about your FB account and password?

Try to visit a HTTPS version of Facebook as this link:

https://www.facebook.com

and a HTTPS twitter as well:

https://twitter.com/

There are a lot of websites they have a HTTPS version. Through a Wormhole encrypted connection you can get a totaly privat line to a HTTPS website.

Hope this may helpful to those who wory their private information were "monky-businessed" in a Wormhole or someother thirdparty.

Thanks all wroms!

• Edward Z
    Edward Z wrote:

sorry···so many wrong spelling.

Thanks all worms``

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

This guy seems legit.

• Princesa Verdadera♥

You are awesome :)))

But...for me it worked at the begining, now it doesn't. What am I supposed to do to make it work again? Helppp :(

• Princesa Verdadera♥

@Moonriver:

下载下来只要去downloads里边找这个文件, 点击它, 打开, 然后输入Username & PW就可以啦. 但我的只能用一小伙呢 :"(

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

though i dont need it, seems edward a hero :P

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Princesa Verdadera♥, most of the time you want to log off, make sure you disconnect the wormhole, and when you start your computer you connect it. If not sometime it blocks the connection of other website. THis is what I encountered, check if it can help u in that way.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

I added the GWT ip list manually in my hosts file :-) can access facebook without problems, but I kinda realized Facebook is pretty boring :P

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

Always been wondering who're the people paying to offer all that bandwidth to Chinese people without making money from it.

On the software side, there's a lot of free / open source software that allow you to do vpn. And many VPN solutions are built-in your OS anyway.

But bandwidth represents a real operating cost. Someone's paying for that, and if they're paying, there's a reason they are doing so...

• Garrett B
    Garrett B wrote:

Also hoping for a Ubuntu build...

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

its really good!!!!! thanks for sharing Edward!

• Daniel Westerberg

Should you really put it up this publicly? if the wrong people sees this, they will block your HK server IP pretty quick not to mention you may get into legal troubles if you are living in China.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

cool..

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.