Discussion » Technology » foreigners:who knows how to make KFC chicken l

• Leo
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I've had delicious deep-fried chicken legs from small booth vendors. Had it been hot from the frypan, it would have been better than the KFC stuff. The batter was really thick and without that excessive monosodium glutemate taste. It's not crispy, but it's definitely better than what I would expect from a street food vendor.

My family deep-fries whole fucking turkey in peanut oil for Thanksgiving with a portable outdoor gas-heated fryer, although it's not breaded and battered like fried chicken. But anyway, it's not exactly cumbersome cutting edge technology.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

There is a place on Andingmen nei that does 3 kuai chicken legs that are better than KFC.

Also, fried chicken is pretty easy to do yourself. If you're only making nuggets then it's not difficult to just use a lot of oil in a wok.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I make this stuff about twice a month, and it's way better than the KFC. 

Dip your chicken (wings, legs, whatever) into some beaten egg, and then dip the chicken into your mix (you can by a range of packeted chicken breadcrumb mixes in all chinese supermarkets).

If you do not want to use a pre-packed one just make your own using a mixture of flour, pepper, paprika, and any herbs that suit you. The egg should allow the flour to stick to your chicken.

Then just cook your chicken in very hot peanut oil for 10 minutes. You can shallow or deep fry according to taste (i go for somewhere in the middle). A regular saucepan works fine for deep frying.

Serve with whatever you like. Homemade fries, coleselaw, and baked beans works well.

The whole thing is a piece of piss, though very messy.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.