Discussion » Beijing Life » How to get Chinese Driver’s License when you

• Michelle Pham
    Michelle Pham wrote:
    <p>Hey, Do u guys know how to get Chinese Driver&rsquo;s License when you havent had any license in your country before ?</p>
  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

You dont need to have good connections for 2. Just pay a bit more to the one who has a good connection. I have seen many ads offer this service.

• Michelle Pham
    Michelle Pham wrote:

Thanks for the answears. Thanks Xtreme for the website.

I heard it is hard to get the number to get the permition to buy a car in China now , But if you have around 10 million rmb registered in ur company u can buy it don't need to wait for number. Is it true?

What if i buy a used car? What step should i do??? :(

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

License?  HAHA Its sort of funny that I have more driving expereince than most drivers in China (15 years) and I need to get a license to drive here.  I should be teaching the damn class!

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

You can get a cheaper number plat from a neighbouring province and save a lot of money. You will be restricted when you can drive in beijings roads. But the restricted times are anyway the times when you are much faster riding the subway. So I think its worth the money...

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

I say if you have the money to buy a car here, dont buy one.  Just hire a driver with a nice car.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... why would one need a license or a car in Beijing anyway?

I love to drive, and I had always said that it is useful to have a license even if not a car, so that should a friend get too drunk or something ... or otherwise ...

However, with the "convenience" of the public transport in Beijing, versus the danger and high-alert when behind the wheels, it is just too much stress ... and to me, and perhaps only me, that takes too much of "fun" out of driving ...

And in terms of car purchase and the value of the vehicle, it is not as worthwhile as catching a taxi ...

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Taxi drivers are pretty skilled in Beijing........

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Quite sage road warrior wisdom, Uncle DD. I like driving, especially long distances, but I feel that city driving is far more trouble than it's worth. That, and if I had to count myself among the wretched human beings who vie for parking spots in side streets and hutongs, I'd have to commit suicide in shame.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.