Discussion » Technology » Can you live without modern tech?

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:
    <p>Power went out yestoday due to overload. At first it seemed nice to have a dark night, that is how it should be. But if this continued for a few days, I believe people will be driven nuts. I began to think how dependent we are on modern tech. I consider myself living like a caveman: walking a lot, hunting for food (I don't cook. lol), no TV and smart phone,... but I still need some modern tools to survive like water heater. The electrical power was invented no more than 200 ys, still it has become indispensable for human beings who have been here for millions of years.</p> <p>Read an article today:<a href="http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/2011-07-01-kim-komando-cyberattack_n.htm">http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/2011-07-01-kim-komando-cyberattack_n.htm</a></p> <p>With ongoning power shortage and potential cyberattack, are you prepared to live without power? Which is the most important electronic tool you can't live without?</p>
  • Saint - Spartacus

we can't live without electronic . it's like '' How many people can live without computer ''

when talk to morden tech , it's all about the link

• Vanessa Marie Ormset

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I need a computer with Internet access. Come the infocalypse, I will need lots and lots of recreational intoxicants.

That said, the posted article is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read. I would say that it shouldn't reflect so poorly upon the rest of the thread, but the OP has demonstrated in the gay marriage thread both homophobic tendencies and an inability to think critically, so I don't feel the slightest bit guilty for shitting all over her thread.

"Cyberattacks can take many forms. It could be a physical attack on computer systems."

So when some dumb cunt urinalist writes something so fucking stupid that I slap my keyboard, that's constitutes a cyberattack?

"In truth, we don't know what a cyberattack would look like. It could have limited or widespread effects. It depends what systems are targeted and how the attack spreads. But one thing is clear: You can't count on anything that relies on modern technology in a cyberattack."

In truth, this writer can't even define "cyberattack," but you should do what the government says to protect your children from one.

Hacker news is so sensational. But that's what the Anonymous boogeyman wants. Viva la hacktivismo!

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

i just remember two weeks ago,i forgot the phone on the table in the bar and my friend's friend took it, so i spent one night and one day without my phone, it sucked a lot,i felt so uncomfortable.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

My father lived a hut he built in the woods, for 10 years, with no running water, telephone, computer,TV, though he did have a limited amount of electricity via a small petrol generator. He semed to manage ok

• Simen Wangberg

I have enhanced my physical and mental prowess via cybernetic implants.

So no, I guess I couldn't live without modern technology.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.