Discussion » Technology » 2 more websites got blocked?

• Bridget布里奇特
    Bridget布里奇特 wrote:
    <p>Did XING got blocked ? Why I cannot open it all the time?</p> <p>The damn thing is that same problem happened on LinkedIn this morning~~</p> <p>WTF @_@</p> <p>Anybody knows what happened?</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

It seems like there are different kinds of "blocking." There's active blocking like what's used against Facebook, Twitter, et al., where both computers are sent a fake "connection reset" packet. You need a VPN or a proxy to deal with this shit.

Then there's the weird passive fucking-with of sites like Wikipedia and Google, which the ZF wouldn't dare to block entirely, but nonetheless would prefer to see diminished in importance. They never quite function properly with a normal connection. You can't see images on Wikipedia, and sometimes you might have trouble checking Gmail unless you use Outlook to access it.

I would imagine that using Google's public DNS might help with the latter types of phenomena, right?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Maybe those updates need to be okayed by bureaucrats.

Skype is not blocked, but the Chinese DNS will redirect you to the TOM Skype site, where you'll have to download an altered (read: fucked-with) version of the software.

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

Since last year lots of internet provider to the Blocking themself and on their own intention, some of them are a little to eager to do their 'good' deet

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Bridget ... LinkedIn is still OK for me this morning, but I cannot get XING ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.