Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Connect to Weibo

• Joakim Lund Rangel
    Joakim Lund Rangel wrote:
    <p>Looking for feedback!</p> <p>1. Added support for auto-posting bubble updates to your weibo account. <br /><br />2. Added support for attaching link to your bubble updates.</p> <p>Any comments? First of all, I need to know if you are able to make it work :)</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Sina Weibo? As in the MSN replacement?

Q: where do we set this?

• Joakim Lund Rangel

two ways, in your profile below your profile image you have a connect option.

and also on the left side of the share button where you post status updates you`ll see a link labeled "Auto-post to".

• くり
    くり wrote:

good idea

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Any chance of syncing other features with other sites? I'd like very much if I could update my WLIB blog from tumblr.

• 白子辰
    白子辰 wrote:

I wanna post status here but cannot find out where is it?

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

significant change!!!

• Joakim Lund Rangel

is there any RSS feeds from tumblr?

Most of the times it haven`t work well for me to import feeds from outside china, but you can try it:

http://weliveinbeijing.com/blog/rssfeed.rails

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... it might not be an issue of WLIB, but when I used my MSN to login Weibo, it did not work ...

... and MSN is supposed to be linked to Sina Weibo ...

... also, like 白子辰 said, the text box to update bubble seemed to have gone?

• 白子辰
    白子辰 wrote:

problem solved, thanks!

• Joakim Lund Rangel

woops. embarrising. I forgot to launch it to everyone :-s

Alright, now have a look at your profile again.

Here`s a screenshot:

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Jo, Tumblr integrates with pretty much everything, and it's still unblocked; I use it to update my Facebook without using a VPN. It does support RSS.

But your link to the RSS for the rails system is dead; "Invalid URI: The URI is empty."

• Joakim Lund Rangel

"But your link to the RSS for the rails system is dead; "Invalid URI: The URI is empty.""

Looks more like you have done a mistake when you copy-pasted the url i gave you.

try again: http://weliveinbeijing.com/blog/rssfeed.rails

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... Jo ... you need some hair on your forehead ...

... congrat, it works ...

• Joakim Lund Rangel

DD: thank you :)

Try out to attach a link to the status update also. (all though, found some bugs already that i`m working on) :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... welcome ...

Jo "found some bugs already" ... better you than me ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Jo, Nope. It's still fucked. I'll try it again from my own computer at home later.

• Joakim Lund Rangel

eh, what exactly is fucked? you can`t open the url http://weliveinbeijing.com/blog/rssfeed.rails  ??

Follow this route: Go to your profile > Then to your Blog > In left side menu click "My Posts" > In bottom of your post archive there is a link to the "RSS FEED Importer" (same as the link above).

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Want me to copy-paste the error messages I'm getting?

Goddammit. I can't even view my profile right now. I get " Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

FML

EDIT: Profile's working, found the link, same URL, same error. Dumping the error message:

[UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The URI is empty.]
    System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind) +7955439
    RssToolkit.Web.WebControls.RssDataSource.get_Rss() +54
    Bloc.Web.Controllers.BlogController.RssFeed() +3333
    [TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
    System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +0
    System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +152
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +393
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +38
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) +35
    Castle.MonoRail.Framework.SmartDispatcherController.InvokeMethod(MethodInfo method, IRequest request, IDictionary`2 extraArgs) +189
    Castle.MonoRail.Framework.ActionMethodExecutorCompatible.Execute(IEngineContext engineContext, IController controller, IControllerContext context) +205
    Castle.MonoRail.Framework.Controller.RunActionAndRenderView() +3495
    Castle.MonoRail.Framework.Controller.Process(IEngineContext engineContext, IControllerContext context) +93
    Castle.MonoRail.Framework.BaseHttpHandler.Process(HttpContext context) +274
    [MonoRailException: Error processing MonoRail request. Action rssfeed on controller blog]
    Castle.MonoRail.Framework.BaseHttpHandler.Process(HttpContext context) +1116
    Castle.MonoRail.Framework.BaseHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +61
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +597
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

• Joakim Lund Rangel

sorry, try again. i`m in the middle of fixing some stuff with the status updater. whatever you did, this error what not related to that.

I`m done now i think.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

No change. Same error.

• Joakim Lund Rangel

$!@#!%$

i`ll be back

• Joakim Lund Rangel

Did anyone try out to attach a link to their status update?

Please test it out with different content like video, article and a photo and come back here with a comment on how i went.

• Jenny&King
    Jenny&King wrote:

ok

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I have not tried anything too fancy since then ... but, after I updated my Weibo, the change was not reflected in WLIB ... my guess is this is only one-way?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I just found out today that this has stopped working, may have even stopped working sooner?

I wrote something in Chinese in my status on WLIB, but it came up as "monster code" on Sina Weibo ... I just did another test using English, and it worked as expected though ...

Please fix this ... thanks ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.