Discussion » Film & TV » WLIB Big Lebowski Party Costume Guide

• Skaught
    Skaught wrote:

Even though it just went public today, I’m sure you’re all already making plans to attend the WLIB Big Lebowski Party at Yugong Yushan this Thursday. If you missed out on the free Office Space screening, bummer man, because this time we upgraded to Yugong, who won't budge on the 30rmb a head at the door. However, if you make the effort to dress up as a character from the movie, we can get you in for free. To avoid any confusion as to what qualifies as a costume, and to aid those who haven’t seen the movie, here is a helpful costume guide to remind you that those old clothes in your corner of your closet could save you a fat 30rmb. We're also going to give a prize to the audience's choice as the best costume.

Jeff Bridges as The main character of the movie is known simply as "the Dude." Since this is basically how I dress every day, I’m getting myself in free. Works better for guys with long hair and facial hair. Sunglasses and sandals a must with the bathrobe and shorts look.

John Goodman as WalterWalter. (right) Works best for larger guys with short hair. Fishing vest and amber-colored glasses a must. Do not bring a firearm of any type!

Steve Buscemi as Donny Donny. I love Steve Buscemi as much as anyone, but perhaps that's why this isn't going to work as a costume. None of his clothes are very distinctive, so unless you look exactly like Steve Buscemi or can fit in a coffee can, don’t try it. A simple bowling shirt is a nice touch, but it's not quite a costume.

Tara Reid as Bunny Bunny. I do not recommend trying this, but if any ladies were to show up in a bikini, not only will you get in free, but I’m guessing you would probably end up drinking free the entire night. Just a hunch.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm just showing up in a bathrobe as a Dudeist monk. I'm too bald for this shit.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The Dude? Metal? Have you gone mental? He listens to Credence Clearwater Revival.

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

I'l be present, but I'm afraid I cant  dress up since it's a special day for me, which means I'd look pretty than anything else, I dont mind someone dresses me up on the spot :)

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

The dress of the cop does count, doesnt it? :P

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

Ha...but it's not a uniform here :P

• Simen Wangberg

Rock whatever, do.

This sounds rad.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Has anyone really decided as to even go that far in wanting to do to look more like so?

• Simen Wangberg

AHHHH I am dying right now. In hysterics. ROCK WHATEVER, DO.

No, actually it's similar to Detroit AAVE - "What up, doe?" is the phonetic spelling, but I think they spell it "do" if they actually write it. Yeah, it's all "Attack of the Amateur Linguist" over here right now.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Inappropriate image/quote combination, Liam! The coffee mug is still on his desk.

• Simen Wangberg

Shut the fuck up, Donny Archbishop.

• Simen Wangberg

Calm down, son. It's just a quote from the movie. I actually don't really care if you shut up or not. I usually don't read your posts. Or anyone's posts, for that matter.

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

JC haters party? r u like President or something?

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

"humble"... how beautifully u sing...we've never heard a better voice.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I am OK ...

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

someone just doesn't deserve too much time and respect that needs our long-winded paragraph...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Why didn't I think of going as Knox Harrington? I've got the giggle. I think I could probably pull that one off. Here's hoping the moustache comes in.

I'm more modest than any of you. You all suck at humility compared to me.

@Scott, There've been a number of times when I wasn't in troll mode (that Mormon thread, for instance) and you nonetheless tried to provoke me with pre-emptive insults. You're a bit of an asshole, and the sooner you accept it without using my superlative assholery as an excuse, the better you'll be for it.

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

those who cant find the old dresses, wear the emperor's new suit

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Scott, That sounded like an attempt at justifying your behavior by juxtaposing it against mine, which is exactly what I just warned you not to do. You want to try again?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Scott, Yeah. Nah. You'd certainly have said it if you had actually thought of it. I have absolutely no faith in your ability to self-censor when there's a cheap insult to be traded, and I'm completely mystified as to how that could be construed as an attack in the first place.

I always flame people on here? Sometimes for almost nothing?

[citation needed]

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Ataahua... I think it is safe to say that when you come back to Beijing, we would all like to see you in the suit, and I am sure Scott  and Liam would choose an appropriate movie for you :)

Dando ... no need to be humble and modest ... you dont need to be a bigger joke that THE idiot ... *wink* ...

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

2Uncle, dont ruin the event panners' efforts, i show up in bikini, no one wants to watch the film~~~

2scooooooooooooooott, weeping weeping, why there's no such event when i was around? do you plan to throw a film party in taibei lava?

btw, will that russian show up? hahahaha

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

this is apparently unfair to girls, what we gonna do ,just a bunny character? or can i pretend to be a man?lol

• 随便叫兽
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ...

Scott ... note that I did say "when you come back to Beijing" ... allegedly Ataahua is in Taiwan, so I am afraid she would not be here tonight ...

... got plan tonight, so even if Ataahua is in town, I wont be there, so thanks, but no thanks ...

... and by the way, the "Chinaman" thing, might get misinterpreted ...

Ataahua ... heehee ... if you do show up in a bikini, there might be a lot emergency calls to the hospitals ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.