Discussion » Beijing Life » do ppl on the forum hang out outside WLIB?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

well, i am going to move back to beijing soon. now i am feeling a bit more complicated than just happy.

of course, i miss the food, the people, zoo market, and sometimes the noise in China..but one thing makes me very sad. my best friend is leaving China and will be gone when im home. I used to spend 70% of my time with her and that group of people. now im slightly worried whether i'd be feeling a bit lonely without them in beijing....

while here in Europe, i have a group of friends that we always do things together. it's like a very tight group. we hang out in a group of 3-7 all the time as well. we are mostly expats and few locals here and some of us met on FB expat page first.

well, one thing i do find that makes a lot of difference is that this group is not cynical. it's just people getting a drink, having a good laugh, doing some funny open mic thing, watch a movie together...real chill out and fun.

so i was wondering if such a group is possible to be found here on WLIB. frustrating enough, WLIB seems like a place with lots of tension and anger and frustration. Why dont people here just get together outside the forum, have a beer and have a good conversation and laugh about good bad things happen today? anyone can foresee this happen on WLIB?

• FoDo
    FoDo wrote:

welcome back ! 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... 北京欢迎你!

I am fairly sure that some of them do "hang out", although it wont be only one group of people, but many ...

As the saying goes, there is actually something below the surface, and since you only read about it in the forum, so you have probably got that impression ...

Dont worry about making friends when you come back, on or off this site, I am sure you will do fine :)

• Saint - Spartacus

well i sent part of  my spirt here and my body somewhere else , like 孙悟空 i guess

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Yes. And they talk about those sending mass PM to people

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Astaroth, Craigslist would seem to offer better chances for group sex.

@Winnie,"Why dont people here just get together outside the forum"?

You've been here long enough to know that this is a social networking site and events promotion platform. Many regular users of this site know one another in the flesh, *wink wink* *nudge nudge*.

And believe me, there's no reason at all to believe that meeting someone in real life would diminish one's antipathy. Meeting someone face-to-face just diminishes one's will to criticize. Sorry, but that's not peace you're describing. That's acquiescence.

Go ahead, feed booze to these swine. That'll fucking civilize them!

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

welcome back Winnie... we do hang out thing..

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

hey, Winnie! you are gonna move back?! lucky you!

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

my dear Da Fan! yeah, im definitely moving back. Europe is cool for travelling but nah for living in the long run.

@Godfather, noooooo, i am not even in beijing now. why would i organize something that i wont be able to take part in.

@ Dando, it'd be weird that regular forum visitors actually hook up...well, when im back, it'd probably be something boring...some boring stuff that some cool people may enjoy doing;)

@ ding dang, thanks...im sure beijing has lots to offer. you'll have to come hang out with us some time!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Hooking up? You have a dirty mind, Winnie.

"In the flesh" just means physically.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... hmmm ... Winnie ... who is "us"?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

@Dando...hahahahaha, i was thinking in your language. cant blame me for 'misinterpreting'

@Ding dang, i dont know...it's a self-selecting process. we'll see who are interested. people of all age, all color, all social background....make proposals and we can make it happen...no 3p 4p, 5p,.... xp..althrough Terminator, Astaroth, you two can hook up since you share the same interest and i wouldnt have an objection:)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... Winnie ... if you like party, clubs or bar scene, then you will definitely find a large population of "us" for you to hang out with ...

... or if you like to read, you can see if the WLIB book club is back from the dead ... but my advice is not to put much hope into it ...

http://weliveinbeijing.com/groups/group.rails?gid=1000002173

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

@ding dang...im sure WLIB is full of party animals. well, i grew out of that age already:D i was thinking about something more boring, like juggling, or BBQ, movies, food tasting events, short trips with a group of no more than 5, boating in houhai (always nice in summer!), of cos my lindy hop, the acting workshop, never done geocoaching, would love to try! any other ideas?

as for reading, oh no, i think i am done with that one. i've read and write a year now...not fun for me.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ... none of those is really boring, but sounds very tiring ...

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

@ Bruce, by cool kids, are you refering to youself?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

@ Bruce, just a question..im thinking nothing

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

@ Winnie, yeah, I believe so. The problem for the "rest part of the world except Japan and Korea" is, it gets no good food (I mean that kind of foods that you have for a year, but you can still find sth new), 唉, haha. In beijing now?

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

Is this thread about calling ppl to meet up for posting face to face?

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

I wanna join I wanna join, hahaha

guess that would be super hilarious

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

i do, and im gonna shut up and giggle since my listening sucks, hahahaha

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

do you?

or you speak pin yin? hahaha

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.