Discussion » Current Events » Work for Your self OR work for others ?

• Micky
    Micky wrote:
    <p align="left"><span style="font-size: small;">Working for my self has been my dream. After working for others for years, last year I started a small company here in Beijing the capital city of the most populated nation in the world. </span></p> <p align="left"><span style="font-size: small;">Since then I hardly get up to 5hours sleep. I worry about everything, how to pay office rent, how to pay staff salary, how to get new and suitable staff, how to pay the local govt, how to pay for internet advert etc.</span></p> <p align="left"><span style="font-size: small;">&nbsp;I am beginning to wonder if it&rsquo;s really safe to work for oneself. So guys would you&nbsp;prefer working for your self or work for others, just earn your salary at the end of the month and be at peace or keep on aspiring high.</span></p>
  • Micky
    Micky wrote:

No matter the industry and no matter where you are. Let's have your opinion.

• Amalie Sæverud

depend on who you want to be! what your final aim to work for yourself! what's your ambition! what have driven you to start a company in the first place?

Don't forget what have led you here and now, and you will get the answer!

but yeah, never safe or guarantee to start a company on yourself!

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

@ DnD .. You prefer work for yourself / husband or work for someone all your life?

• Amalie Sæverud

don't ask me! I got my answer always! I'd rather die to defend what I believe! what about you?

you would die for what you believe?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... working for yourself, as a owner of some sort, does not mean you dont get help or delegate ...

You have not said what you are doing and how many people are depending on you etc ...

To me, the term "work for yourself" does not necessarily mean a large team of people ... maybe you could get an assistant or admin person to help with some of these ...

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

@DnD, I may not die for what I believe but I am willing to go extra miles to prove what I believe

@叮噹叔叔 (义工) No matter how many assistants you get, all the bulks are on your head. lets go by small enterprise.. at most 10staff.

• Amalie Sæverud

keep on pushing yourself! it's not easy for sure! it's like die first and rebirth! but if your direction is right, the market is there, you work hard, I think finally you will get there!

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

Thank You

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... about a decade ago, I was working in Sydney for a UK company, and there was only me and boss working across APAC, so he also doubled up as the sales person ... we were renting a "shared office" and and our payroll was outsourced, so, we were working for someone, but we were literally on our own ...

... my best guess is that similar service is available in China, and perhaps not too cheap, but it helps to ease the workload ...

... like I had told my wife in the past, it is admirable for a manager or a boss to take everything into his/her own hands, but that's not what the manager or boss is supposed to do ...

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

I admire people who work for themselves...really not that easy...but once u start it u will find yourself hard to turn back to work for others,u will addicted to it.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

If Gods and Fortune have not blessed us with born in a rich family, then if necesary that we work for others. And after sometime, when we got some capital-money, we must to choose....invest in our own bussiness and buy our freedom, let behind the life of wage-slave. Or continue being a wage-slave, and spend our money in expendable goods....

I have clear the first part, but still trying to know how to make money without be a motherfucker  O_o

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.