Discussion » Technology » Fuck Windows!!!!

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Yep, fuck windows!!! but I need an ISO image of Windows 7 (32) -chinese version!!!! , anyone knows where I can download it direct or by torrent? This time i can not ask the almighty google the answer....  :/

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I've got a 64-bit PirateBay version that live-boots from a USB drive that I downloaded from Demonoid. But I don't have invites for that site. Sorry, guy.

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

I heard so many people said Win7 sucks.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Vista was a step backwards and I probably would still be using Windows if it had never existed. Win7 is much better by comparison and much less of a resource hog. If you're going to be a lameass Windows-using plebe, then you had better upgrade to Win7. XP is showing its age.

I'm typing this from an ancient office PC with XP on it. Ugh.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

XP is still pretty usably in my opinion. Though it'll quickly be kind of obsolete. I never got a proper play with Windows 7, but my parents home PC has Vista and... well let's not go there.

I'm running Ubuntu but it needs some serious tweaking because it uses more resources than XP and my shitty netbook can't handle it very well. I have no idea how to get Ubuntu to clear up the memory more often. I can't even watch a whole movie because it loads the entire thing into the memory bit by bit and at around 2/3rds of the way through it freezes.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Kieran, "it uses more resources than XP"

Are you using Ubuntu Netbook Remix? What video player are you using?

I was using a 1st gen Acer Aspire One (certainly worse than whatever you've got) and Ubuntu NBR was the only thing that would run on it besides the toy-like Acer-developed Debian distro that came pre-installed.

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

Just go to BuyNow market just south of GongTi or Computer Market in Haidian and ask for it.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Astaroth, Uh, let's see. I'm running 64-bit Ubuntu on 4GB or RAM, so regarding my memory usage, all I can say is 我不给一个屎.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Not yet. Any of your mates trying to off-load a used one?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Practically nil.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

It's a first gen Asus Eee PC. Underclocked to 690Mhz. 512Mb memory. I tried the netbook remix initially but I had issues with package dependencies, I found it even more sluggish and I didn't like the interface. The sidebar pissed me off because it wasted about 1/4 of my already miniscule screen. It was probably removable but at the time I wanted to try some other options out and compare. Tried Xubuntu but it's lacking most of the basic code compiliers so it's basically useless since you can install almost no software on it without wasting hours on package dependencies, even more so than netbook remix.

Ubuntu desktop actually runs the best, but they way it manages memory is my biggest problem. It doesn't do regular cleaning, it just stores everything you load into it almost indefinitely, which I guess makes sense if you have a normal amount of memory because it'd defintiely make your system faster. In the case of my netbook though it just causes freezing every 15 minutes while the cpu shits itself and hits 100% usage trying to do I/O writes. I don't understand how to tweak this, it's a little out of my league. I'm scared of breaking something and making it even worse.

I'm using VLC btw

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Shit. I stand corrected. That is older than my Acer. Tough break, cracker. I'm sure you've already tried setting up a larger swap partition. That never helped me, either.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Yeah, the real-time kernel seems pretty sweet. Definitely going to dualboot my next laptop with linux studio just for pure-data and live signal processing. You can defintiely make music on linux just as well as any other platform but it isn't necesarrily as easy or as user friendly.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

ohhhh yes windows !!!!!!!!!  ... there is one thing that I always miss in Ubuntu or Leopard, tiger, whatever..... the lovely the blue screensaver, AKA the death screen, WINDOWS always in my heart.  

@Windows, Thank you for all those shameful and embarrassing moments

Theres is the magic of windows S.O.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

ohh!!!!! and I almost forgot Internet explorer, this piece of shit ¨gift¨, which main utility is allow browse to other websites and download Google crome, firefox or safari.... like a malignant tumor, during some time, you could not uninstall it from windows 7.....

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.