Discussion » Nonsense » how can i become a mormon

• 北川黑
    北川黑 wrote:
    <p>should i go to the church directly?maybe they will think im not serious</p> <p>i dont have religion,but recently im so depress,i think have a religion is better than to do something stupid.well i reallly need a idol</p> <p>dont ask me why i&nbsp;want to be a mormon</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

[...] recently im so depress [...]    maybe you are just in a chrysalis stage....

Do you really want waste your time in religion? what about art? feeds and comfort better the soul ;)

Anyway. the first thing you need is baptism, i think.  You can find a missioners here, they will help you to find others..... 

http://www.mormon.org

you have one church, center, here:
    1 Xibahe South Rd, 4/F Beijing Jin Tai Bldg, BEIJING, CHINA

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

why don´t they accept chinese???? O_o that´s weird!!! 

(have you considered that there are some religions, groups, where the possibilty of go out when you are in, is.... difficult? hard? are you really sure?? :/ )

• G
    G wrote:

skip all the dialogue...to become a mormon, you'd better read Bible first...If you believe in God, you'll have a way to become a mormon...If you don't, being a mormon won't reduce your depression..

basically most big churches in china are closely watched by government. but, there are still many churches which are organized and managed by Christian and not political...

good luck..god bless kulo...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

I have heard that for the catholic priests in China, they have to be approved by the goverment. The Vatican and the big boss -the pope-, they don´t like this situation. But if no agree, then no chinese souls for the Church. So, maybe also mormons have an agreement.

ey Kulo!!! but if in the future you need a emergency rescue from mormons, call us, ok? :P

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

@Kulo, is my distrust :( I just had bad experiences about friends that decided join to religious groups. All these groups are very fancy and friendly in the beginning, very seductive, they will give what you need or wish, when you trust on them and your happiness depends of them, they will begin to give you advice about your life, how to live it.  Cut relations with friends, even family if they don´t support your decision of stay with them..... in the end, you will be in their hands.....   

For this reason, I think that the real ambit of the religion is in the intimacy of each one. In the hands of groups, religion most of the time becomes a bussiness, commerce of souls..... they even create websites to offer their products....

I´m worried beacuse you said that recently you are depress, and some people when know that kind of things, they are like vultures. Some things is better do it when heart and mind are in calm, 要在头脑清醒的时候做决定 or something like this...

• Shahir Fowaz Khan

i am a muslim...and i believe in islam...

pray five times a day....believe in one allah...

u will see changes...trust me...it works....and please it was just a suggestion...

if u have any thoghts against it...i dont want to answer...but if you want to know more about it i will happy to answer...

• Brendon Kaci
    Brendon Kaci wrote:

May the force be with you...guys!

• Saint - Spartacus

you have right to have 100 husband if you are a mormon

• Saint - Spartacus

it's for the white people and asian man , sorte of racism

• くり
    くり wrote:

defintly agree with Ami and Adolfo. I am having a lot of trouble because of a religious sect, called Geovah...the pubblish something called the watchtower, in almost every language spoken on this earth, and they are almost everywhere but china. And thats a good point of chinese government, i have to admit.What they do, Adolfo explained very well. There are plenty of stories of people ruined by those parasittes.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Just look for a pair of white guys in white shirts and black ties walking around with a book. They're used to people closing doors on them, so if you show even the slightest interest they will happily assimilate you into their shitty desert cult.

But if you're just looking to join just any old religion, there are certainly better ones than the LDS. Let's go New Age: Free Zone is an association of independent Scientologists. Instead of paying an arm and a leg to have someone audit your thetans, you DIY your own e-meter for a fraction of the cost.

Better yet, you could join the Church of the Subgenius, or become a Dudeist. Spending the rest of your life slacking in your pajamas and drinking white russians while waiting for the aliens to come back is infinitely better than going Mormon. Fuck it. Let's go bowling. And fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Aniki, You're talking about Jehovah's Witnesses. Michael Jackson was raised as one, so they can't be all bad, right?

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I love the church of the subgenius. 

• くり
    くり wrote:

what michael jackson was is his personal affairs, also many cattolics are not pedophile, isnt Dando, just to remind you about my previousl eartquake tread.

And sure, for the sake of our brain, we can never generalize...

But purely theoretical, do you know what this guys faith is?They translate the bibble from english, the consider people who doesnt belong to their sect as impure and not worth to deal with them in a honest way...lies are allowed as far as used to deal with people from the outside world....

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Aniki, What "previous earthquake thread"? Aren't you new? I'm afraid I don't recognize you.

I think that much of the reason MJ was such a maladjusted man-child was because his parents were oppressors who stole his childhood from him to profit from his talent. I think his religious upbringing had a lot to do with it.

Although the intent of my question was certainly derisively ironic, of course I agree that not all Jehovah's Witnesses are bad people. But the institution itself is hideous, what with the limited number of seats available in their heaven. They take the Calvinist ideas of predestination and Us vs. Them mentality to a whole new level.

I do submit that anyone for whom religion is so important that they claim it as a part of their identity--saying "I'm Buddhist," "I'm Christian," "I'm Muslim"--deserves the same criticism that the religious institution itself is due. After all, they're appointing themselves as earthly representatives, and doing so of their own volition (if they're adults, that is). Those who can't answer for the sins of their spiritual forebearers should probably be less public in their piety.

That said, I'm a recovering Catholic, so I'll say whatever I want about the Church without apologizing. Now I think of myself as Buddhist. I do wish people would criticize me for that so I could learn more about it, but few people care to do so.

• くり
    くり wrote:

100%agree with you.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Kulo:

My friend is an ex-Mormon, you should definitely join.

You get to wear these far out, secret pyjamas and even learn secret handshakes and stuff. I do not think you are allowed to drink coffee though.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Because when you go to Mormon heaven, God gives you a whole fucking planet. It's all yours. Do whatever, man.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Kulo, no one would think u r insane to go to church without permission. Each and everyone is free to join and any community of believer then learn about the doctrine.

I'd just want u to suggest you to compare different congregations and pick those that stick to the authentic interpretation of the scriptures.

High Priest

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

@Carlos, I wonder if the mormon in China is like what you described, I seriously doubt.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Star, What evidence informs your doubts?

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

For those going to church, they know that before going to church one should bring offering and tithe which is given evey month.

You have to know that yourself as an individual is a church. Your heart  is a church. Once you think that there's one above you and you believe in Him, you have done something good. Going to church doesn't isn't synonym of drawing you closer to the Lord, but once your heart accepts Him, wherever you are, He knows u and will be watching over you.

High Priest

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

@ High Priest, from everything that's not native here yet exists here. 

I never met a mormon here, a foreigner one who became a one out of China or in China, a Chinese one who became out of Chhina or in China, I've met all kinds of people from other (non Chinese ) religions, they are not exactly like what they are supposed to be like.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

It's not only Mormon who are asked to give 10% it's in the bible

Mal 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

High Priest

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

Ami, I agree with you.

But since this isnt something you cant get rid of when you regret, I think it doesnt mind joining first then getting to know it,not to mention Kulo seems quite short about time.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Look, if she wants to join let her join.

The ex-Mormon I know says that they have these special underwear that they wear under their clothes that have freaky symbols on, and they have these bizarre freemason style handshakes.

I wouldn't worry about paying your income either, just pick the bits of the religion you like. Many buddhists eat meat, though they are not supposed to. You're probably not going to be able to be the perfect exemplar of any religion you join, so just vibe it out.

I know Christians that seriously love buggery and Jews that kill for bacon, some Mormons still even practise Polygyny.

I've been inducted by the Dudeists and and have taken sanyas as a Rajneeshi,  or whatever they are called these days. My mum's a lapsed Jew and my father claims he is some kind of druid priest, whatever.

Check out the Mormon underwear:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_garment

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Rockwell looks bad-ass, like a cross between Rasputin and a Hell's Angel.

Hell, if there were more Mormons like Rockwell, I might join...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Pretty awesome nickname too,

"the Destroying Angel of Mormondom"

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

Mormon...sounds creepy to me.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I was wondering when you'd find this thread, Scott.

Haha, you've got seminary residue all over you.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Scott, I see you on the communitarian and filial piety angles, but the oldschool Confucianists dudes will never allow you to subvert their time-honored traditions of drinking, cussing, and whoring.

@Evalyn, The Book of Mormon is all about how a lost tribe of Israel arrived in America before anyone else. It's a very America-centric religion. Somehow I doubt your Chinese Mormon knows much about the mythology behind the dogma.

• くり
    くり wrote:

kulo, dont do it because you feel bored, first read about them and about every religion, and then wisely choose what fits you moarrr...

• くり
    くり wrote:

scary, like those being christians in china...i met some, fanatic to a pervert degree....

scary, better marxism and CCP at this point. I defintly agree with PCCregarding this issues...defintly.

• くり
    くり wrote:

why are you always looking at the finger and not directly to the moon?IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO DEFINE WHAT IS FAKE AND WHAT NOT?AND ACCORDING TO WHAT, TO WHO GOT MORE MONEY TO PROVVIDE MORE CERTIFICATES?

All religions are fake in a way, standardized and compromises according to the comprenhsion level of native, including buddhism in china.

- -

• くり
    くり wrote:

what standards are you talking about? there s a faith, you read it, you accept it and u practice it (hopefully not in my neighbourhood): does it make sense talking about what is fake and what not? - -

• くり
    くり wrote:

all right, :)

if they ask you money that could be something to watch for, but otherwise this "fake" issue doesnt make any sense at all.

From my experience Mormons were usefull to me, the only guys i could speak english in our small town in the south of Austria...thanks mormonsssssssss!

• くり
    くり wrote:

那请你说中文吧可不可以?

• くり
    くり wrote:

I think there are chinese capitalist 0_o

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I have certificates. Who wants to join my religion?

@Evalyn, I'm sure they do exist; in the immortal words of P.T. Barnum, there's a sucker born every minute. Maybe they have a lot of faith in themselves as Mormons, but that doesn't mean they know anything about Mormonism.

There are tons of mainline Protestant Christians in the U.S. who've never read the Bible, too.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Ami,

You mean Brigham Young? A diploma from there is only worth a shit if you're staying in Utah. But let's be honest, now. If you're a Chinese person trying to achieve your American dream, why the fuck would you go to Utah?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Scott, I'm sure a lot of people succeed in life in spite of going to BYU. But my point is that it doesn't have a lot to offer rankings-obsessed Chinese folks.

• くり
    くり wrote:

evalyin

im not chinese, im italian- -

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Fair enough, @Scott, but do you really have to rub it in and imply that I'm so petty as to flame you over something so insignificant? It's not like this is hotly contested socio-political territory.

But, hey, if you're so hungry for recognition, I dub thee Scotty, Emperor of Exmormon Expatria. You deserve it. You had to consult U.S. News and World Report, and that requires significantly more endurance than trolling WLIB.

• くり
    くり wrote:

interesting Evalyn L. what you wrote, so in china, what is unofficial, not authorized is fake...ok,got it

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Evalyn, You'd better be more specific if you're going to flaunt your occupation as a journalist. You're begging the question: authorized and certified by whom or what?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I made a boo-boo and poo-poo'd on BYU, and it's "Yet another ignorant statement?" The only other statement I made about Mormons in this thread was shit you later repeated.

Sounds like someone's nursing a grudge. Is this about another thread? Wanna show us on the doll where the bad Dando touched you?

• くり
    くり wrote:
  • くり
    くり wrote:

scott, how long have you been living in china?May i ask you?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Scott, I think she's pissed off at me, not you.

Sorry, @Evalyn. I found one reference to being certified by a religious "headquarters," and I think you and I both know that's neither necessary nor sufficient in China. For example, the Patriotic Catholic League ordains bishops without the consent or authorization of the Vatican.

The point I was trying to make with my snarky questioning is that missionaries and religious workers need permission from the Central Government to do anything.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Speaking of Koreans and creepy religious sects, conspiranoiacs would do well to follow the activities of the Reverend Sun Myung Moon as long as they are in this hemisphere; it's certainly a lot more relevant than the Illuminati or Freemasons. Rumor has it that he's got a lot of influence in Washington.

@Something (or other folks from Good Korea), Do you know any "Moonies," or members of the Unification Church? Have you seen (or participated in) any mass weddings? Are you infliltrating China to spread this virulent strain Orientalized Christianity to mainland China? WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!?

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

haha sis Evaly, easy easy!

its a place for chilling and shitting, not for working :)

your audience and readers in your business are not these people, unnecessary to be that serious. people here have logic, knowledge, common senses and senses of humor, they may always miss a point but dont blame them, maybe your fault to pick the wrong topic.

and your english, haha, screw it!

i didnt go to any college, i didnt have any kind of english teacher but i am damn speaking this language! and i can stump these natives with their own languages if i want to. 

my english sucks too, who cares as long as our girls show off ur sweet smiles or spicy leggs or slender middle fingers? we're younger, we have plenty of time to catch up with these elder bros and unles,

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

hahahaha cheers my love!

muahhhh

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.