Discussion » Nonsense » Let's get wasted on a boat

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    <p>The cool people (plus Dando) are going to be in Houhai tonight for shipborne shenanigans.</p> <p>If you haven't experienced the noisome eyesore that is Shichahai sub-district's Houhai bar area from the comfort of a boat stocked with store-bought beer, then you haven't yet experienced Lao Beijing.</p> <p>Who's coming?</p>
  • Simen Wangberg

I'M ON A BOAT. LIKE A BOSS.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Enough.

• Rebecca Arnesen

i'm on a boat motherfucker!

• Rebecca Arnesen
  • Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:

it's outrageously expensive.one bottle CORONA costs 50 rmbs.talking about ripe-off!!

• Simen Wangberg

1. Buy street beers

2. Rent boat

3. ??????

4. Profit!

It was a pretty good time.

• Sol Irén Ulvang

i sail. but im a bad person

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Good times were had. It would have been better with more people, though. We had 7 people in a 10 person boat, so the per capita expense was more than usual. But it's still cheaper than drinking in a bar.

@Evalyn, I've been to that center island before. I wanted to get on it this time, but there were too many other boats around it.

@JZ, Singer? You're talking about the long boats with the erhu player and the oarman?

We just rented an electric boat. Also, I'm descended from sailors, so I don't have a problem with pissing off the side.

As for the beer, I bought a peach slush drink from a convenience store and poured a bunch of Korean soju into it. In any case, bringing your own booze is much better than paying 20+ RMB for Tsingtao anywhere else. But if we do this again, I think I'd like to bring an ice cooler full of fancy beer. Not for me, though. I can't smoke, drink, and steer at the same time.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

nah,who need beer...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I don't, but the People demand beer. There shall be beer.

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

Boat is damn fun, when someone farts, just kick him off the boat!

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

i didnt know i didnt know...i am reflecting on myself now

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

ooops too...i should have been there to support you, the queen and our lord but i didnt..

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

if i were on the boat, there would be too many homeless ghosts last night in ehhhh houhai

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

How much is it to hire this boat and how long do you get it for? It sounds like an awesome way to pass while an evening away...

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

I meant 'while an evening away', or 'pass-out in in an evening'

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

yeah, euunches.

maybe the female ghosts in forbidden city adore them

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

oh really?

they into 80 years granny ghosts?

happy for the dead grannies!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Nymphetamine, That was my celestial aura.

@Carlos, 10 person: 200/hr, 6 person: 150/hr, 4 person: 100/hr.

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

damn all the boats in BJ are small, even that boat bar!

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

i recalled, we do have large boat in BJ, when mid-autumn festival comes, summer palace and some parks along that river have such boats, they're damn bloody expensive

• Brendon Kaci
    Brendon Kaci wrote:

I tried the boats in this Houhai, it's kinda fun because of the noisy atmosphere there, it's also a pity for the same reason.

• Brendon Kaci
    Brendon Kaci wrote:

@ Ataahua,

When is the Mid-autumn festival this year? I am attempting to try this bloody expensive large boat you mentioned ^_^

• Simen Wangberg

I'm on a dolphin. Doin' flips and shit.

Next time, I'm bringing my Auto-Tune.

• Simen Wangberg

Auto-Tune and Courvoisier. Or however the fuck it's spelled. RAP BOOZE.

• Simen Wangberg

Dando's driving is just fine, the trajectories of the other boats in the pond were beyond his control. I'm a seasoned deckhand myself, having spent a single afternoon on my photo teacher's sailboat one day back in 2007 or so.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.