Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » How to get a teaching job at Universities in Beij

• Iceman.wangxb
    Iceman.wangxb wrote:
    <p><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: small;"><strong>Hi everyone,</strong></span></p> <p><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: small;"><strong>My frind is going to quit his 4 years job in as a foreign trainer in Wall Street English. now he wants to find a job where he can work in Beijing's universities. Here now, some questions hope people can help:</strong></span></p> <p><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: small;"><strong>1. Which website should he apply for new job from.</strong></span></p> <p><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: small;"><strong>2. Will the university offer a work visa?</strong></span></p> <p><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: small;"><strong>3. Or, if you have any recommend that would be appreciated.</strong></span></p> <p><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: small;"><strong>Thank you guys!</strong></span></p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: small;">Wang</span></p>
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

hohoho look at that bad karma!! seems that Godfather didn´t have a good friday night, huh??  flirting with someone and it ended in an epic failure ??? :P

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

DAMN, I wonder what you've seen Captain because, I have seen otherwise from "qualified" Individuals. Still, there is less deversification in China.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Oh you meant Beijing specifically~sorry

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Yes I'm a nationalist!!!!.....No, I'm a realist. An education and at least some sort of high level proficiency may qualify for teaching 4+? I can teach English in China, but no. Not every American that teaches English in China has a degree in English.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

Wang:

The university jobs do not pay well, but you only have to teach for about 12 hours a week, may well get accomodation, and often get three to four months holiday a year, on full pay. 

Other than the obvious pay differential, I would say working for a university is a far better gig than working for Wall Street.

Echinacities is not a bad website for China jobs and in the past I have had some success at just emailing universities directly, so would reccomend that.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

University jobs are more honorable. The pay maybe smaller compared to what is paid in some language schools but you’ll have your respect.

If you don’t mess your self up with the little children (girls), you simply do your job and go; no body is using you for advertisement purposes. In the university, students are looking upon you but in the language school you’re a slave to students.

Besides some of these so called language schools are falling gradually most of them has been sold out and the management changed.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

Congratulations to you and your friend.

We lose ourselves when we compromise the very ideals that we fight to defend. And we honor those ideals by upholding them not when it's easy, but when it is hard .. Barack Obama US President

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

That offer is pretty bad, even for a university. 

I'd recommend anesl.com. I realise a lot of people have bad things to say about them but they found me an awesome university job.  I'd also recommend not accepting anything less than 6,000rmb for 12 hours in Beijing + apartment. It's still pretty low, but not as obscenely low as 4k for 16 hours. 

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

....I call troll! 

(But because I can't be sure, yes, it's really low and a return air ticket + apartment is normal in these circumstances)

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

You could and should be making twice that, plus airfare and rent.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.