Discussion » Nonsense » White Woman = annoyance

  • Isala
    Isala wrote:
    <p>I was riding my electric bike along the road, in the wrong way, because my home is only a stone away and i don't need to go through all that trouble to make a roundabout, then there's this middle aged short haired woman on a flying pidgeon bicycle, carrying a baby who was dangerously sitting on the back, coming out of a hutong, i purposely slowed down to let her pass and before i threw a friendly smile,&nbsp; Guess what her loud mouth omitted:&nbsp; " Get going already, you are driving the wrong way!!''&nbsp; rude, bossy, staring at me like she just stepped into a pile of dogshit,&nbsp; even the worst 城管 doesn't get rude like that.. I was too shocked to say anything back.</p> <p>But I really hope she knows what a ugly foreigner she is. You think you are living your hutong dream, yet you still can't accept people ride the wrong way in Beijing? You just can't fit in, can you? Getting used to it already!!!&nbsp;</p> <p>I saw many white men spitting on the road, ignoring traffic lights, having adventures with the locals, that's the way to live, man! What's wrong with these uptight women though? </p>
  • 雪地
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    If she was riding the wrong way in the hutong and got in your way while you were obeying traffic laws, I'm pretty sure you'd be here complaining about her just the same. The difference is she's got the eggs to talk to you like you're dogshit in public, but you complain about it passive-aggressively on a forum, where she can't respond.

    How petty.

    Western Woman 1, Chinese Girl 0

    Obey traffic protocol for an orderly, safe, and harmonious society!

  • Simen Wangberg

    I wish this was a real Chinese person, because the fact that this person is freely admitting that chaos and general lack of respect for rules and laws is a Chinese characteristic is fairly amusing. But I think it's getting pretty troll up in here.

    If you really are Chinese, Nam, riddle me this: when I'm getting off of the subway car, it is very clear and obvious that I will be walking straight out of the doors. And yet, people continue to stand directly in front of the doors as I'm exiting, forcing me to basically push them out of the way before I can pass.

    I know this is an old complaint, but seriously - they are inconveniencing themselves in doing this, as well as me. What gives? Most recently, I tapped on the glass, used my hands to indicate "move back" and shouted "后走" in a somewhat loud voice.

    The two Chinese guys on the other side of the door not only stayed directly in front of it, but smiled and laughed, approximately 30 seconds before I flew out of the door and slammed into them as hard as I could without knocking them over.

    de|dì|dí
    1
     
    1. {de;dì;dí} of; target
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

    We should try to obey the rules. This world needs people who can make a difference__Not because everyone breaks the rules You should break the rules too. Driving on the wrong side is simply wrong. Though she spoke to you in that tone, I do believe that not all white women act in the same manner as her.

    High Priest

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Nam, 

    "Enlight me."

    I'll try, but I can't be held responsible for the outcome. Your brain seems awfully light already. If I'm not careful, you might float away.

    I think the obvious answer is because we can't use Facebook and Renren sucks dick. But that begs the question, why did Zuckerberg create Facebook? If you've seen The Social Network, you would know that it's to find girls or boys of any nationality or difficulty to lay for one or more nights.

    And as boring as my sex life is, it's still a whole lot more meaningful than your shit-talking behind the back of some lady who follows your country's traffic rules better than you do.

    My turn for pissy questions: Why do you give the impression that you look at all disagreements in terms of China vs. The World?

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    "lecture me as if I'm some sub-human."

    It doesn't sound like she lectured you. It sounds more like she curtly told you to stop inconveniencing everyone else around you. She didn't call you stupid; you just felt stupid, and so you're airing your dirty laundry here where she can't see you, because you couldn't think of anything clever to say at the moment when she was giving you the evil eye.

    If I were as narrow and nationalistically minded as you, I might say that this type of passive-aggression is typical of Chinese people, but I am willing to wager that your countrymen wish they could disown you right now.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Ren Ren is pretty good

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    "ok let me say some facts"

    ...opinions follow.

    The fact of the matter is that Nam's carelessness put the woman's child at risk. It's not only her right, but her responsibility to criticize.

  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

    I typically am open minded about the different things Chinese people do, but driving habits are one thing I cannot defend. Driving truly expresses the disregard Chinese share for eachother, outside of family and close friends. I think "Selfish" would be the appropriate word.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    。。。

    Hahahahaha ... idiot's summary ... "foreigners have no right to educate Chinese, only Chinese can educate Chinese" ... does that sound about right to most of you?

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Well it's a good thing I got out of the English teaching racket before the People's Congress arrived at that resolution, Uncle.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... Dando ... and it would be a shame to see you disappearing in the sea of China's education system ... hahahaha ...

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    16 billion you say?

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... Lee ... the thing is, they dont see themselves that way ... hahaha ...

    ... the appropriate Chinese saying here should be 各家自扫门前雪 ...

    ... and Alex ... my personal advise is to marry a local Chinese, and it does not really matter whether she might have lived overseas or not, but strictly not an FBC (foreign born Chinese) ... and you can bet your sweet life that you would be educating her, and if you are unlucky, her family, for the rest of your natural life ... heehee ...

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    。。。

    (continued) ... hahahaha ... as far as driving culture is concerned though, one thing that has truly amazed me, is that you dont often see any scratches on most vehicles in China, considering the driving culture and the crowdiness ...

    .. whereas, scratches, damages, etc are often noticed on many vehicles in Sydney ... which is why, at the moment, I am working on my "pitch", so that until she has got her China's license, she would not be allowed to drive anywhere else, especially in Sydney ...

    ... Lee ... new keyboard is cheap ...

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Lao Lee,

    I hold a chauffeur's license in the USA. I don't need to do much more than sit in the passenger seat of a taxi to observe that Chinese drivers are rather cautious, but extremely inconsiderate of other drivers and pedestrians.

    OP notwithstanding, bikers are generally less up their own asses when it comes to respecting "right of way". I think it's a class issue. People with cars think they're special.

    "Even chaos is predictable when you apply basic rules to indevidual units."

    But we're talking about individuals who knowingly violate rules. Ya dig?

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... Dando ... in China, "class" is the reason behind most issues ... whether it be monetary or political etc ... otherwise, who would ever say something stupid like "my dad is Li Gang" after a traffic accident (was it not a traffic accident?) ...

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Don't condescend to me as though I've never been outside of Beijing, @Lee. Bangkok's traffic is far worse than Beijing's, but there's marginally more attention paid by dravers to right-of-way, although that could be a pragmatic adaptation to the number of motorcycles and tuk-tuks in the normal traffic lanes.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    TBJ doesn't have nearly enough fenqing.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Taus, Do you really think that if the roles were reversed and the American was the one ignoring the rules and inconveniencing a bunch of Chinese people, that you wouldn't hear endless repetition of "according to relevant Chinese laws" and "Remember whose country you're in?"

    Last I checked, the fact that it's normal for Chinese people to evade taxes doesn't give me a green light to do the same.

    People who thoughtlessly put themselves before others deserve to be chided, at a bare minimum, if not actually sanctioned or punished. I'm not saying that OP should get a traffic ticket for going the wrong way in her hutong, and I'm certainly not on the side of law & order myself, but if not for this very old custom of calling people selfish and stupid when they do selfish and stupid things, we would still be living in caves.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    ...

    (continued) ... Scott wrote: when driving, they should follow the rules used in developed countries

    ... they dont even follow their own rules here, it is doubtful if they want to follow other rules ... it is nothing new for cars to run a red light ... and it is definitely nothing new when cars speed past pedetrian crossing or zebra crossing ...

    ... someone mentioned driving in the wrong direction above ... hahaha ... try driving backwards AND in the wrong direction ...

    ... etc etc etc etc ..

  • Saint - Spartacus

    Obey traffic protocol for an orderly, safe, and harmonious society! 

    HaHaHa

     Amen !!!

    Laws are made by people for service & benefite

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Taus, You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. Phrases like "according to relevant Chinese laws" and "Remember whose country you're in?" very strongly imply that I'm talking about a hypothetical American violating Chinese traffic laws.

    And yeah, I've heard Chinese drivers complain about foreigners crossing the street in front of them when the foreigners have the little green man and thus the right-of-way. I've been honked at and nearly run over by Chinese drivers who don't respect pedestrian right-of-way. Yet you won't see me complaining about it here.

    Furthermore, you seem to be deviating from the topic as stated by the OP: she was going the wrong way and inconvenienced someone else, who told her brusquely to get out of the way. If she was only breaking the law and not also being a pain in someone else's ass, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Your jaywalking analogy is thus completely inapplicable.

    @Scott, "Right of way" is actually a lot older than cars. I think it might even be a feudal custom. In any case, most traffic laws are international standards. But I know that feel, bro. We in the motor state take our driving etiquette very fucking seriously.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Scott, "We claim you as part of West Coast representin because Dr. Dre first produced Eminem instead of that faggot Puffy."

    What the fuck? How dare you disrespect the sovereignty of mine Mizzy Mitt. It's bad enough that Ohio stole Toledo from us and left us with that worthless upper peninsula, but now you want to claim our whole state just because Dre discovered Eminem? No beef with Dre, but I don't see why he gets props for taking Eminem under his wing when the guy is an authentic product of the Detroit scene.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Taus, I don't have a problem with that. Learning hurts.

    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you never passed a driver's test. That's not all bad. Living a car-free lifestyle is admirable; I did it for about two years before I left rural Michigan, a particularly difficult place to get around without a car. That said, I drove a drunk taxi for a while, so I do know what I'm talking about here. I'm the real goddamned road warrior and that Mad Max cunt ain't got shit on me. Post-apocalyptic Australia is fucking flat and he never drove an unfamiliar rear-wheel drive vehicle on black ice.

    If I'm coming off as patronizing it's because I'm a North American and you're tresspassing on my property. I probably have a bunker full of guns, gold, canned foods, and jars of piss.

    Passenger-side turns at red lights is allowed in nearly all countries, but cars (and bikes) are supposed to yield to pedestrians when the pedestrians have a green light. This is just common sense, besides a pretty crucial part of internationally agreed traffic standards. If the pedestrians have a green light and the right-turning car has a red light, the pedestrians have the right-of-way. Besides, cars can kill people, but not the other way around. It's a driver's responsibility to yield to pedestrians at all times, but especially when the pedestrians have the right-of-way.

    Problem is, drivers in developing countries think they're better than the rest of the rabble, so they tend to ignore the rules that favor pedestrians and bike traffic.

    @Nam,

    Didn't you inaugurate this thread with abuse? Isn't that what we're here for? Yay Internet bloodsport.

    When're y'all gonna figure out that people only become aware of their own inconsiderate behavior when some other asshole decides to put public concern over consideration for an individual's feelings? If that other foreign lady is going the wrong way, and she inconveniences you, by all means, flip her off. She might feel shitty for it, but at least you'll get them thinking about the here and now of the road.

    That's your duty as an enlightened bodhisattva.

    This is the primal circle of life, the ouroborus serpent sustaining itself upon its own tail-flesh. As I said, if it weren't for chiding the selfish and the stupid, we would still be living in caves.

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    。。。

    (continued) ... repeat "idiot's summary" above ...

    Nám ... this is just one of the few foriengers internet forums in China, and most Chinese members of this forum are not likely to agree with what you said, being that they do know, or they want to "act" like they know or worst, to "act" foreigner-friendly ... so, "save your air", or something like that ...

    As far as "right on red" thing, I did not notice that when I was in NYC, heehee, but, as Scott said, the drivers are supposed to watch out for the pedestrians, where in China, it is (nearly) 100% the other way round ...

    By continually bringing up the issue of color or race, your original argument is getting weak as time goes by ... and you probably know that too, which is why you hope to see some (local) Chinese would say something here?

    And should a Hong Kong Chinese, or even Tianjin Chinese say something that does not support your point, or in the extreme case, a local Beijinger, are you going to say that this person is foreigner-friendly?

    ... personally, I would rather talk more about nationality, because I prefer driving on the "correct" side of the road, heehee ... yeah, that was just the idiot talking ...

    ... one last thing, I dont know if you have lived overseas before or not, but where I came from, regardless of skin color, people obey the traffic laws, and drivers (and bikers) are required to be as, if not more, careful as pedestrians ...  

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    I haven't been to NYC, but I believe that if a car is turning right on red and the pedestrian has the right of way, the local custom is for the pedestrian to say "Hey! Go fuck yourself! I'm walkin' here!"

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Taus, Bullshit. Right-of-way laws are the same everywhere (bearing in mind the reversal of directions in the UK). You can't pass a driver's test thinking that a car turning on red has priority over a pedestrian with a green signal.

    "And don't forget, this thread was about BIKES breaking the rules, not cars - my comments were made in this context.  But yes, perhaps I did deliberately romanticise the chaos of Beijing traffic."

    Not cars? Then why did you say:

     "However, regarding crossing at a green light - As I understand it, and I'll gladly be corrected, in Chinese road law, motorists are allowed to turn right at a red light."

    Bikers are not motorists.

    @Scott, Looks like it's the troll account of the week. Ignore him. He can't stay in character for very long.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Stale trollbait. Ah well. I'll bite.

    "Oh, and in the UK there are NO turning right at a red light. EVER.  So yes, I did pass my test.  And we drive proper cars, with a gearstick."

    Cars drive on the right side in America, but that's not what the "right" in "right-of-way" means. The law is older than cars and comes from the UK, anyway. Of course you wouldn't turn right at a red light in the UK; That would be disasterous. You can turn left at a red light, though, if there's no other traffic present. Like pedestrians.

    Shit, son, you are failing hard left and right today, ain't ya? I guess when you're juggling that many alternate IDs, it's hard to remember what you said with which one.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Same troll is same. Enjoy your sockpuppet tea party, you wanker.

  • Rebecca Arnesen

    can't run a red whether turning left or right in the uk. even if theres no traffic and even if you're a cyclist. not very important point.

    this websites forum has gotten awful aggressive. keep it up boys! love a nice tard-off.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Jarg, Yeah now that I think of it, right turn on red varies in the states, too. It's legal in Michigan unless noted, and seems to be legal here. Anyway, my bad. But priority and right-of-way are still the same in any case.

    I think I'll turn it down a bit until shitposters have posted shit for a full week, so I'm less apt to waste my time on sockpuppets.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    p.s. You can't turn at red lights ever in the UK. EVER. Which makes people turning at red lights freak me out and make me fear for my safety too. I just can't cope with it.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    If I were arguing with real people, I would normally say that it's not me, but the rest of the world that's crazy. Or perhaps something more like: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you," or "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." Or other "wisdoms" gleaned from the bumper stickers of pick-up trucks.

    Oh well. At least when one is trolling anonymously, they spare us their so-called "true" identities' annoying and meaningless aphorisms and passive-aggression masquerading as insipid politeness.

    Truly though, I have been through psychological therapy. Know what the clinical assistants intimated to me? Here's a hint:

    HEY HEY

    HEY HEY

  • Stine Ekren
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    LOL

    Thanks, @Eva. I was speaking about my excruciatingly strict self-medication regimen, but that's certainly got a lot to do with why!

  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

    Is there any therapy for this condition? hehe,I think am right in this symptom as well ,haha...

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Dr. Dando has just the thing for it. Shall he make a house call?

  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

    u know what? actually I don't give a shit~!

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    That's too bad. I already had my medical instruments packed and ready.

    dando does not cope well with rejection.jpg

  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

    Japanese girl? hmmm...in that case, I will make an exception...

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    ...Now I think you might have an entirely different kind of medical instrument in mind from what I had intended. Sorry. I'm just a bald American boy with a pipe. No, not that kind of pipe, baka hentai!

  • Stine Ekren
  • 随便叫兽
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    ADVENTURE TIME
    FUCK YEAH 

  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

     

    I've already visited u last night,but u seemed too deep in slumber ...even didn't bother to say hi to me...

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Eva, That was you? I ordered a pizza. I thought they misheard "Medium Bacon Cheeseburger" as "Come piss-fuck my shitcunt".

    I guess I've grown accustomed to not complaining when I don't get what I want. I'll take what I can get.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc