Discussion » Food & Drink » What else is safe?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

Hahahahaha ... it is not a secret that I adore good food, and excellent cooking ... but, having heard about the latest "poison chicken" from USA ... I have to wonder, what else is safe? And here's a quick summary, not the latest and not complete ...

1. there is chemical that can give pork the appearance of beef

2. there are the explosive water melons, as well as rock-hard water melons

3. even the bottled water is not safe

4. there is (or was) bleach in our flour and rice

5. the German sausages, or was it just the bean sprouts

Q: what else is next? what is still safe to eat? ...

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

6.cooking oil 

7.milk

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I thought it was German cucumbers, not sausages. You've got your phallic foodstuffs confused, Uncle.

Also, I thought it was benzoyl peroxide that was used to "bleach" flour and rice, not actual chlorinated bleach.

Sorry to nitpick.

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

Hey uncle, it was the bean sprouts, it it would have been german sausages we would have had 1.000.000 dead people instad of just 18 ^^

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee ... stand corrected ... but what's next? and what else is safe?

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

you could start your own company and hire some people in iceland and let them do BIO-Farming, then you hire some sientist and check water and the goods regulary. Then you need to fly the veggies in by airplane to make sure they are fresh. But a single carrot might cost then 100 Dollars ^^

Food will be never safe until there are greedy evil people who don't care to kill others for a few cents more of profit ... Buy fairtrade goods, that mean the good people and producers get rewareded, if everyone start doing that you change the mindset of the people ...

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

the morning news on cctv today claimed that the cucumber poison incident came from sth else, at least, a sign that cucumbers are safe, i think Spain will be more pissed to find out this after they gave away so many free cucumbers to the public

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? You're in the wrong topic.

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

@Tina's猫: The idea that the bad cucumber came from spain was a lie by the german goverment, thay had no idea and just said something ...

• Simen Wangberg

I just wish they'd fuck up the food safety things in a fun way, like inadvertently adding some kind of hormone to soy sauce that gives you x-ray vision or something. Is this too much to ask?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.