Discussion » Health & Fitness » What constitutes a bad marriage?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:
    <p>...</p> <p>... or, generally, a bad relationship?</p> <p>Hahahaha ... first of all, I have to admit that our own marriage is not perfect, as we also have our own ups and downs and sideways as well ... however, compared to the various stories that I have heard over the years, many ended up in divorces, or worse, ours has been a rather&nbsp;smooth ride ...</p> <p>From these stories, my conclusion is that a lot of people, both male and female, have the misconception that marriage (or a relationship with a "perfect" partner) is the solution to many things, or perhaps everything ... but, unfortunately for them, many of them have an expectation far higher than the actual events ...</p> <p>So, what, do you think, constitutes a bad marriage or bad relationship?</p> <p>... by the way, and interestingly, of the stories I have heard, EMA (extra marital affair) or cheating was often NOT the reason behind a bad marriage or bad relationship, but one of the outcomes, at&nbsp;worst, the catalyst for divorce ...</p>
  • Simen Wangberg

"Hey, we've been dating for awhile. How about we move in together? Great idea. Oh hey, I'm too lazy to move my furniture out of your house, even though our relationship has almost completely decayed by this point. Let's get married!" - how marriage works in the United States.

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

I know there'll be many biblical quotes for this topic not only from our in-house priests (The HP & AB) but having been a Christian for more than 35years and having been married for a few years,  the greatest problem or challenge we have in marriage is over expectation. Another point is knowing everything, some men / women knows everything so it makes it nearly impossible to bend a little. Two captains will sink a ship, in a marriage or relationship, if the two are captains, it will definitely make a bad marriage.

Allow me to point this out, (I might be wrong though) here in China, most young ladies get married with foreign men so that they the foreign guys will take them to a more developed countries where they feel life is a bed of roses without knowing the real background of the guy. Maybe the said guy could not even make ends meet in his home country. Some of them go into relationship base on somebody’s nationality color or race. All these constitute bad marriage.  On the men’s side, some men that came to China with the hope of hooking up to the Chinese rich families, got disappointed so easily when they finds out that things are not really the way they look… some men are not satisfied, they always feel that what they don’t have is better than what they have; so they’re always looking out for another woman. I know there could be temptation once in a while hence we’re all human with flesh and blood. But if you resist the devil he’ll flee from you.

Suggestion, if your wife slaps you on the right chick, it won’t be weak if you turn the other chick. Some times you don’t have to fight to prove you're a man. Take your man or woman the way he / she is. Be prayerful; when riches and wealth comes do not be too proud. ………to be continued………

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... and most people can guess who is the captain of our house ... heehee ...

Further from what Micky had said ... let's try to exclude race or nationality in the equation, since bad marriage (and bad relationship) is quite universal ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

undoubtedly, lack sense of humor, passivity, routine and of course, boring sex :D

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.