Discussion » Dating & Romance » Chinese women's standards for evaluating men

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:
    <p>Hi, I'm doing a little crowdsourcing in hopes to get some more ideas about how Chinese women evaluate foreign men and Chinese men.&nbsp; This is for an essay on 跨国文化。If you are willing to help, please list your criteria for men when assessing him as a potential partner, boyfriend, husband, ect.&nbsp; Also,&nbsp;please seperate the criterion in order from most important to least important&nbsp;in two groups "Chinese" and "Foreign" if the standards are different.&nbsp; For example,</p> <p>Foreign men: 1) Personality 2) plans in china 3) looks.......ect.</p> <p>Chinese: 1) Social status 2) education level 3) personality...ect.&nbsp;</p> <p>I have no idea what Chinese women's standards are for foreign men and chinese men, so I would be very greatful if you could help me by being honest in your responses because I plan to use some of the results in a survey questionaire.&nbsp; You don't have to give a ton of information, just what comes to mind, maybe two or three criterion for each catagory.&nbsp; Thanks for your help ladies....(Chinese women only)</p>
  • Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

damn this is a lonely thread, could somebody please leave something

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

should i translate it to chinese?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

actually i dont differenciate foreign and chinese guys. i think for me, the most important is a big heart.

but i gotta say there are several things that i dont consider attractive,  mainly on chinese guys i think, too quiet, and less outgoing; but foreign guys, less thoughtful...yep, that's a dilemma.

• Yanni
    Yanni wrote:

i agree with the girl upstairs

to differ the chinese and foreigner guys, chinese are more tolerance with the girls but foreigners are not; foreigners are more responsible with the family if they are serious, but also depends on the people whom you meet with

• Simen Stensvoll

Personality

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

Thanks for the input, please keep this thread running, I'd like to hear more people's perspectives

• Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:

My idea is: optimistic attitude of life > Personality> knowledge.

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

i dont agree with 'dominency in the male world'..i think a man that can take care of the family and always be there for them is enough. dominency in the male world is a comfort guys give to themselves

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

if you are not a chinese lady, please don't post in this thread!!!

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

Mr. Tang, when you put these into a thesis, I hope you put some kinda of "some Chinese women's standards" or "Wemen of WLIB"...this site decides the SMAPLE can't represnt alot.

To evalute a guy, personally, very flexiable, but it has nothing to do with his nationality here.

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

WLIB is just a sample of the sample population Ms.  Thanks for your concerns though, I will surely make sure my results are thoroughly analyzed before I make any conclusions.  Thanks for your input

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

what does flexable mean by the way?

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

Its like a checklist:
     - House?
     - Car?
     - iPhone4? 
     - iPad2?
     - Beijing university degree?
     - 180 tall?

^^ 

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

good call guy, but lets not start an argument in this thread and get too carried away from the original questions...Please stop posting if you aren't a Chinese woman

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... I was talking to my wife, and she asked me to write this here:

1. personality

2. education

3. cultural similarities and differences (she did not want an identical twin)

4. and he cannot be foreign, nor can he be Chinese (yes, me!) 

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

uncle DD, u r perfect~hehe...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... my wife answers: no he is not ...

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

then ur wife must be perfect one~haha...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... Aunty speaking: Nirvana ... money is important, but never a priority ...

• Tahjay
    Tahjay wrote:

Ok, the survey is ready to be sent out to any one who wants to be a part of it.  Its an excel file and it contains 60 questions that will help me research and find connections between single Chinese women and their views on dating and marriage issues.  Please send me a message on this site with your email and I will happily send you the survey.  It's very easy, and quite interesting.  Chinese single women only.  Thanks

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.