Discussion » Nonsense » Annoying Bots

• Buffalo
    Buffalo wrote:
    <p>Well, I don't know if you guys already talked about this, but once in a while I get some clearly standard like types of messages. <br />They usually go like</p> <p>"Hi, my name is _____. Do you have MSN?"</p> <p>or sometimes are longer like</p> <p>"<a href="../profile/profile.rails?Uid=1000009642">anitadeby</a> Hello my dear How are you today? I feel like communicating with you, my name is Miss anita, single by marital status, It is my pleasure with due respect to cultivate a healthy friendship with you with since i was impressed with you profile. I have great interest in making new friends, my hobbies are reading, traveling,swimming and dancing. Today i found your profily in (www.weliveinbeijing.com) then i took the opportunity to write to you as i really want us to be good friend Hood friends, and I will appreciate it if we can can be great friend. I will send my photo at least for you to see who is writing to you.I will like you to contact me back,(anitadeby68@yahoo.co.uk) so"</p> <p>This are auto generated messages made by bots (kinda like a robot) and it's function is to recollect email addresses for future spaming (send advertisement by email)</p> <p>Anyways, sometimes they are not so obvious and they are hard to catch, but once you reply or give them your address, you'll be SPAMed a bit more than usual. What I'm trying to say is, wait a while and chat a bit before handing your email cause it will save you some trouble of deleting unwanted email.</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... if it is in WLIB ... just ignore it ... "block" does not work, and they can always crawl back using another ID ...

If it is your email ... most of them can be blocked or black-listed ... so are MSN and QQ ... but ...

Had anyone had the experience of random people talking to you on Skype, and asked you to add him/her? What can they achieve out of that?

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

The problem is to see the messages in the first place ... most people have such a low level in flirting like: "hey ba8be my msn: hismsn@hotmail.com" that is even more retarded than a spam bot, but sadly real ...

• Jenelyn Tambago

::xuedi:: LOL so true xD

Uncle I've had that problem and for what it seems, lots of them is webcam girls selling their online service....or guys just looking for online sex...Haven't seen the inverse tho...never got a girl offering online sex for free tho... xD

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... Buffy ... are you sure it is safe to talk about this here? You'd never know who might be reading this ... heehee ... go get me some volcano ashes when you guys go on holiday :)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.