Discussion » Employment Opportunities » Job Opportunity: Administration Assistant

• Bridget布里奇特
    Bridget布里奇特 wrote:

Company:            A global firm that offers products for the taphole area at blast or
    reduction furnaces
    Salary:                  Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
    Travelling:            Maybe later within China, but very limited
    Reporting to:       General Manager (foreign national)
    Team size: 4-5

Responsibilities:
    + Assist in handling pre defined issues with client, suppliers, workshops
    + Head offices in Europe, forwarding agents, custom agents, governmental authorities, tax
    authorities
    + Assist in book keeping
    + Office maintenance and supply procurement
    + Organize hotel and air-ticket bookings and other logistics for the GM as well as visitors from
    the
    + Headquarters
    + Coordinate imports of equipment with related government authorities
    + Regular reporting to the General Manager (foreign national)
    + On demand communication and coordination with contacts in foreign subsidiaries and the
    headquarters
    + Support GM with business related translations
    + Other tasks as assigned by the management

Requirements:
    + Bachelor degree in Administration or a related field
    + At least 3 years experience in an Administration position
    + Possess solid understanding of office administration and filing processes
    + Knowledge of laws and basic government regulations
    + Experience with import of capital equipment such as production machinery to China
    + High level of computer literacy, using "Windows" and "MS Office" and &Outlook", especially in
    Powerpoint and Excel
    + Typing skills, sound analytical ability
    + Ability to interpret technical discussions and presentations in Mandarin and English
    + Excellent communication skills at all levels (written and oral)
    + High level of integrity and maturity, ability to maintain confidentiality
    + Able to work well under pressure
    + Sincere, experienced and with a positive appearance
    + Be loyal and honest towards employer and customers
    + Possess a strong sense of responsibility
    + A strong self-initiator and is stable, reliable and active
    + Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin
    + Fluency in English (spoken and written) to communicate with German colleagues
    + Willing to live and work in Beijing

Please send your updated English resume to Bridget Shao, with the subject: "Application for Administration Assistant". 

b.shao@directhr.cn/ bridget.shao

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Is there a salary range or will interviewees be asked that annoying question 'How much do you think we should pay you?' ? 

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

i hate that question ... i always want to answer: "10% more than you can afford"

This question selects between the unconfident ones, who ask for much to less money but get a job, and the confident, who they did not want anyways ...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@Bridget, 

What is the salary range? ;) 

I'm not being bitter or hateful when I say this (honestly!), but are people in the recruitment market in China actively encouraged/taught to promote the idea that the employer would be doing you a favour by hiring you, and that you should care less about what they are offering you than what they want from you?  I'm not trying to attack your post or anything, it just always surprises me when I read job advertisements like yours that focus way more on what the uare, what they need from y and what responsibilities you'll have without  really explaining why you should want to take the job and what the job will do for you. 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... the employment situation in China, or the general mindset, does not encourage "what's in it for me", which might be why I have heard many people leaving within 6 months or one year ...

::xuedi:: ... years ago, I have learnt one answer that might help, and it was something like this:

"I am sure you (or "the company", to sound a bit more indirect) will pay me for what I am worth" ...

... however, the China's logic is that employee is not worth much to employers these days ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

Bridget ... the Admin (or Biz Admin?) degree, and three years of working experience might be a bit tough to pass ...

.. the majority of girls here, as good as their English might be, are either recent graduates or have a few years in their specific areas, meaning that AA or PA would not be too attractive to them ...

My suggestion: an English major, or someone with less than three years of exp ...

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:

Looking for a job right now.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.