Discussion » Health & Fitness » How dangerous are home made toxins?

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

6 month ago while io was at holiday, i had a powercut at my house, i came back and the fridge was off for 2 weeks, i wanted to clear out that icebox, but the smell of all that not so frozen anymore pizza and stuff was to bad, so i kept the door just closed.

Now as it get warmer i thought what the fuck one day i need to clean it up, i open the door, brought the rubbish out and started cleaning and focussing on not to puke ... 

Well, now after that it is clean (first 99% alcohol in a flowerstray, then intensive wash with kitchen soap) i took a rest but i have this awefull headache and i quite dizzy ... and i saw a pidgin in my apartment which was not there a second later ... 

Will this fade off, or should i see a doctor?

Cheers
    xuedi 

• Simen Wangberg

"home made toxins"

"99% alcohol in a flowerstray"

Uh huh.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I thought this was going to be about meth labs

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

heheh you know the remedy in China right?.... eat some salt.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I remember one particular afternoon in the 90's, when I was living in Hong Kong, I found a piece of cake in the back of the fridge that has gone green ... and it might have originally looked like this ...

... when I asked my mom, she said she forgotten ... heehee ...

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

After you clean up all the mold fuzz, rent an ozone generator to kill the airborne spores, which are probably what's making you feel sick. Plug it in, spend the night at a friend's place, and come back the next day. Ozone is toxic but it's got a short half-life.

I don't think alcohol vapors would make you hallucinate. What else are you using to clean?

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

Just some kitchen soap ... feeling much better, never had such a bad headache ever and all night long ...

what a mess, guess i just keep my fidge filled up with beers as usual and don't use the freezer-part for a while.

@Dando, where do i get such ozone spray? phramacy?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I had a mold problem in a basement apartment in university, and the apartment admins hired a cleaning company. They plugged in a small machine and instructed us to leave the place for a few hours.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

You closed your fridge for six months, waiting for summer to kick in before you decided to clean it up? Dude...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.