Discussion » Nonsense » Weekly film screening series. Where should it be&#

• Liam (李安)
    Liam (李安) wrote:
    <p>Hello. I plan on starting a weekly screening series of cult/indie films this month. I'd like to show them on Monday evenings, when nothing else is happening. There would be some drinking games associated with each movie and I think it would be a good opportunity for WLIB members to get together, in an alternative social environment. I'm planning on showing The Big Lebowski, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pulp Fiction etc.</p> <p>I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions about a good location for this event series. Here's what I have so far:</p> <p>Siif in Beiluoguxiang - It's a cool venue, but I think the basement would get hot and they don't have a projector.</p> <p>Waiting for Godot - the owner wanted 3,000 RMB upfront to rent the cafe out. Otherwise, a great venue.</p> <p>School in Wudaoying hutong - they have a projector, though the seating downstairs isn't really suitable for a film screening. Beers are a little expensive as well, compared to other places.</p> <p>If anyone knows of a cool hutong or other spot with a projector, please let me know. Thanks!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>L</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The idea of watching movies in the stinking wet hot firetrap of a basement that is Siif makes me... well... wet. And hot. And they make a decent white russian for Big Lebowski night.

Fuck Godot's. Greedy cunts.

I ain't never go to no place called School b4.

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

is NGLX the only suggestion for the venues or it can be anywhere?

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

*NLGX

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I think you're going to be more likely to pull if off around GuLou. Renting a place at SanLi out would probably be too tough. Try 16mm? I've never been inside, but it's movie themed.

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

True, sanli will be too expensive. What about Salud or Great Leap, so they have space for a projector/good sound system?

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Great Leap owners are a bunch of dicks though

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

keep us posted on the venue, great idea btw!:)

• V. Bilrost
    V. Bilrost wrote:

I might could find a hall (for 200 people) around Gulou....yet you need to solve the drinking thing on your own...

• Simen Wangberg

I think Mao Mao Chong has been suggested to you before, but the seating arrangement isn't really optimal there either. D-22 in Wudaokou used to have movie nights, I'm pretty sure. A little more out of the way, but not too far.

16mm is pretty damn small, if I remember correctly. Great Leap would be rad - the owner is indeed a bit saucy, but this seems like something he might be interested in, I guess? Sellin' beers, anyway.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Is that Culture Yard?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.