Discussion » Nonsense » Does Age Measure Maturation

• Shu Qi
    Shu Qi wrote:
    <p><span style="font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: small;">Boys, at what age it hits you ' oh, I'm an adult now and I need to think about creating a responsible future ' </span></p>
  • Hanna Amalie Martinsen

well, i am not too sure but age doesn't measure maturation at all......perhaps it might be, to some people; you know everyone of us is very "unique" so that brings no straight answer for that. "i will be glad for correction if i am wrong"

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... Shu Qi ... but why?

FYI ... I thought about it when I was about 9 ... or 10 ... but I am still thinking about it ...

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

After i played 5 min of beadminton and i felt i will die soon, i knew to be more responsible to my body at least ....

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... if my memory serves me right, my mother used to call me "old man" before I was 10, and I am fairly sure I have not (mentally) aged since then ... so, "no" ...

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:

Personally, I think no.

Not at all

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Yaaay Peter Pan-archy!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Fish ... being (or becoming) aware of job benefit, means that you are concerned about "what's in it for me" ...

And somehow, I dont think it is related to "maturity", perhaps more to do with "life experience" ... or ... becoming less passionate about a job (like when we were young, we would "go go go") ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ... you are far from old ... but when you get old, I think you might look like this ..

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... the similarity is just astounding ... dont you agree?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... Shu Qi ... Dayna WU is correct ... sometimes, being immature has its up side ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) act crazy in the forum ... relax a bit ... not too winded up ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... heehee ... and I was just about to look for this thread for update ... thanks Shu Qi ...

It is not a big secret that I had chatted (or even met) with many people from, and off, this site, including both male and female, mostly in their twenties ...

It just so happened that I was just chatting with one particular girl of WLIB that I have known for about two years, and I was kind of surprised (happy as well as sad) to observe her quantum leap in maturity, due to what happened over the last two years ... from a know-nothing innocent girl to an independently strong woman ...

... everyone travels his/her own paths, gaining different experiences and learning different lessons, so, there is no "fixed" process or formula for maturity ...

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

If by maturation we mean - leave behind the childhood-,  I think no if there isn´t any kind of rites of passage by means. 

You don't need go alone to the forest and survive during 2 weeks, you don´t need kill one lion or wolf......XD      Just things like leave your parent´s home, get your first job, even loose your virginity :P ..... and many others can be good rites of passage if you do them well. 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.