Discussion » Current Events » Bangladesh woman cuts off 'attacker's'

  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    <p>A 40-year-old Bangladeshi woman cut off a man's penis during an alleged attempted rape and took it to a police station as evidence, police in a remote part of Bangladesh said Monday.</p> <p>The woman, a married mother of three, was attacked while she was sleeping in her shanty in Jhalakathi district, some 200 kilometres (120 miles) south of Dhaka, on Saturday night, officers said.</p> <p>"As he tried to rape her, the lady cut his penis off with a knife. She then wrapped up the penis in a piece of polythene and brought it to the Jhalakathi police station as evidence of the crime," police chief Abul Khaer told AFP.</p> <p>The woman has filed a case accusing the man -- who is also 40 and a married father of five -- of attempted rape, saying that he had been harassing her for six months.</p> <p>The severed penis has been kept at the police station and the rape suspect was undergoing treatment in hospital.</p> <p>"We shall arrest him once his condition gets better," Khaer added.</p> <p>What does the law say here?</p> <p>High Priest</p>
  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

    HP, care to quote Jesus view about this case ?

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Here's a close one:

    If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity

    Deuteronomy 25:11-12

  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

    wow...

  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

    God loves u ! he's going to kill u !

  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

    @S.   like this one???

  • Stine Ekren
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    FACT: An overwhelming majority of rape victims were acquainted with their attacker before the rape.

    The threat of being raped by a stranger is a cruel myth used to infantilize women and provide a rationale for all sorts of social crimes, such as racism (we gotta protect the honor of our women from the "outsiders").

  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

    what if a married man force his wife to have sex with him when she's not in the mood? so  that's also called rape case~

  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

    Rape is about power, not sex. A rapist uses actual force or violence. Never heard someone who raped his wife b4. No matter how it happened, rape is frightening and traumatizing. People who have been raped need care, comfort, and a way to heal.

    High Priest

  • pommie
    pommie wrote:

    If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:

    Justice was served poetic in this case however.

    "An eye for an eye"...

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    "yagsiodnad" is "dandoisgay," backwards.

    OMGWTFBBQ LAWL IT ARE SO CLEVAR!!!111eleven

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    There is something weird about this story. Why would a woman have a knife in her bed unless she waits to be "raped". I dont think that under the circumstances of a "normal rape" there is any possiblity to cut off anything. This allows only one conclusion: She did not act in an emergency.

    So either she prepared her cruelty for a long time or she was just a crazy masochist, who played strange sex games with that innocent guy and tried to keep her reputation clean by accusing her victim of trying to rape her.

    Come on! The really serious problem is something else: Its the perception of that insident. If a guy would cut off another guys dick, everyone would condamn this as an act of cruelty. But if a woman hurts a man in the same way this is socially acceptable since men are violent raping monsters anyway.

    Very obvios: She was violent against that man. To cut of any part of someone is ALWAYS wrong, regardless what he did before.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    Oh look, it's victim blaming time!

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    They're not mutually exclusive. In a brief moment of seriousness, where I don't wind you up for my own entertainment, victim blaming is one of the biggest cutural/social/collective mentality hurdles that eliminating rape culture faces. It is, in essense, at the core of rape culture. It's kind of disgusting when people can honestly try and justify a rape by saying the woman was asking for it. Here, they are claiming that the woman wasn't actually raped and just wanted it - ignoring the fact that she was stalked for 6 months by attacker before hand. Maybe that's why she slept with a knife close by?

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    Although I've never been raped, I can't imagine that a rape victim is going to agree with you.

    Thats true. But you maybe agree with me that a raped person would be a bit biased in this topic? If you ask a victim who experienced that any part of his body has been cut off in an act of violence. then you maybe find that they dont agree with the rape victim.

    Dont get me wrong. Of course she had a reason to hurt that guy. But that does not justify her violence. Further more the situation suggests that she has prepared her action. I am sure she would have had other means to deal with that guy - maybe lock the door to her house? Get help from neighbour or police?

    If you say its time to blame the victim, you should ask yourself who is the victim. I argue that in this case not only the woman is a victim but also the man. But in our sexist society a man can not be a victim, he can only be the agressor. Thats the point that disturb me in this discussion. And the really sad thing is that the most men here seem to agree with such kind of sexist points of view.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    Way to play devil's rapist's advocate, Noone. Society owes a great debt to people like you who speak on behalf of the oppressed.

  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

    I don't think she'd be tried for GHB. The guy had been harassing her for 6 months, she evidently had a reason to have a knife under her pillow. The whole series of events is evidently far more complex that the original article states too, so maybe I'm totally wrong. I'm doubtful that the victim of an attempted rape will get a criminal conviction though.

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    What Aaron says is exactly what I mean! Self-defense has to be reasonable. Cut off somebodys intimate parts is by far not reasonable under any condition. And It would be of course not more than fair  if she has to pay him compensation.

    I dont think that it matter much if they had an affair before or not. If she say "no" and he forces her to sleep with him it is still rape.

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    Wanna be Macho!

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    I think when someone invades your home where your children might be living (story just said she's a mother of three), you're justified in doing a lot worse than cutting off his dick.

    You "gentlemen" disgust me.

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    Haha... You are an American Cowboy, right? Well, then you definitely have the right to shoot everyone!

    I however believe that cruelty and revenge is not the right way to solve problems.

  • Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:

    as bad as it might sound i actually agree with dando here.

    if someone invades ur home and in doing so threathens the security of ur family,only a fool will not do what is necessary to protect his/her family.

    cut whatever u need to cut off to protect urself and ur family cos believe me if the case were reversed and the invader had the upper hand, he/she will not show u mercy.

    do u think they broke into ur house to practice mercy?

    fuck no.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Noone, You're absolutely correct. Violence solves nothing. She should have just patiently lay there and allowed him to rape her.

    This isn't a case of revenge, dipshit. It's self defense. He harassed her for six months, broke into her home, and tried to rape her. She had every right to kill him.

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    Calling others Dipshit does not make your arguments more reasonable, Asshole!

    Cutting off someones penis is not self-defense. Its pure revenge. Self-Defense has to be reasonable. I am not an expert on american law, but I assume that even there you cannot just have a feast of violence in the name of "self protection".

    Lets look at another example: Say someone is threatening to kill you, you have the right to shoot back. If you kill him in such a case it was bad luck but self-defense. However, if you make him loose his concience and THEN you start to lets say throw boiling water into his face, you can never argue that this has been an act of self-defense. Every court would agree that this is an act of cruelty and therefore punishable.

    This does not excuse what the guy did. But what the guy did also did not justify her actions. In this very case she has had six months time to change the lock of her house, to report to the police or do something else to defend herself.

  • Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:

    calling each other dipshit and assholes wont justify ur points but dando is correct in his argument.

    the story didnt say if the woman had already reported to the police before and about her changing her locks?

    man if someone is determined to get into ur home then no lock will stop them.

    besides for her to cut off his dick only means the man pulled it out for action which only means maybe he had already over powered her and was about going in and there was her only chance to strike.

    what she did was self defense.

    agreed it was extreme but very likely was her only option.

    revenge would have been that she killed the guy but she didnt.

    if someone attacks u and u got a gun and shoot him/her to stop the attacking let it be the person died from the shot or u shoot as many times as u have to just to get the attacker to stop its still self defense.

    its not self defense when u have stopped ur attacker but continue shooting with a gun or cutting with a knife.

    that would be revenge man.

    but noone lets say ur mum or sister were almost raped and the only way they were saved was to cut the guys dick off. would u see ur mum or sister and asked why did u cut the guys dick off?

    is this what u will be asking or saying to them?

    put somebody u love in that situation and tell me u wont be glad she did what she had to do to escape that kind of bodily and emotional uncleanable scare in their life?

    believe me if ur loved one got raped and u found the guy first before the police did u might do worse to the guy.

    i know i would.



  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    Stevie, I never said that i am not biased when i am involved. But if my sister would cut off someones dick i would certrainly ask her: "are you sure that you really had to go that extreme?"

    Anyway, your question itself is already biased. If I ask you "how would you feel if your brothers ex bf cuts off your brothers dick?" , you can see how much it is biased if ask for sympathy with one of the two parties.

    Revenge does not have anything to do with how sever her action is but with the intention. My "asshole" before was also a revenge, even it was for a much less wrong doing than to cut off some body parts or to kill someone. Would you agree on that?

    Aaron: I think even if it can be proofen that he really tried to rape her, according to my understanding she would be charged for an inappropriate self-defense.  BEcause as I said before: a.) I cannot imageine that some who can prepare a knife cannot also protect herself in a less cruel way. b.) The choice of the part has a highly symbolical value. If they really fight I would understand if she stab him into his belly or leg. But even if he already unwrapped his private part, it is not exactly easy to cut it off if you have not time to "target".

    I think many people here misstake self-justice for justice.

  • Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:

    firstly my bro is not gay so i see no reason why this question should come up   "how would you feel if your brothers ex bf cuts off your brothers dick?"

    i also dont believe there is anything called inappropriate self defense in the book of law.

    its either self defense,revenge or attempted murder.

    the story didnt say how much a part of the guys dick she cut off.

    u are a guy so u know very well when something very sharp takes off no matter how small a part from ur dick u will abandon whatever goal u were initially pursuing before.

    i really do hope u are not in the justice system.

    ur loved one defended herself by cutting off someones dick off who wanted to rape her and u will ask her if she really had to go to that extent?

    wtf,do u know what its like living with that ?i mean being raped?

    if someone did that to a loved one of mine and i get hold of the guy before the police does ,wow i promise u he will wish the devil found him first.

    he wants to fuck and cant go find a prostitute?

    dude,he deserves to die.

  • Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:

    let me give u an example.

    some years ago in my country,3 guys raped an army major's daughter and the military turned that state upside down to find these guys.

    the father asked the guys "u wanna fuck? right? i will give u something to fuck"

    the military made holes on the main road and the guys were told to stick their dicks in there and perform the same deeds they had done to his daugther and when he is satisfied they can go home free.

    if u have ever lived in a country where the military rules and u went to look for their problem u will know u dont get a say when ur punishment has been handed down to u.

    if u are a civilian,there is one lesson to learn here and that is "never fuck with the military" cos those guys are brutal and have no mercy when provoked.

    the guys had no choice after all they did rape his daughter and by the end of their exercise i assure u they wont be fucking anybody for a long time.

    u wanna try how beautiful looking their dicks were when the military finaly let them go?

    when u do or wanted to do the deeds and get caught then u deserve whatever comes to u even if its the ultimate punishment cos u knew what u were doing and were willing to do it so u deserve whatever u get.

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    First: Sorry, i did not mean your brother is gay. I just mistyped. I meant gf of course.

    Well, maybe thats the difference between you and me. I come from a country where law is held high and not where the more violent person has the right to do whatever they want. And to be honest: I am quite happy that this is the fact. I would not want to be in a country where everyone can rape me - even if i have the right to revenge afterwards in whatever way i want.

    "i also dont believe there is anything called inappropriate self defense in the book of law. its either self defense,revenge or attempted murder."

    The correct term is maybe different. I am obviously not a native English speaker. But the concept exist. And there are also more things to distinguish. Murderer e.g. indicatedsthat one person had the intention to kill someone. If you just crash by car into someone by accident and kill him, its not a murderer.

    Anyway the book of law suggests to answer a threat in a reasonable way. Lets say i I attack you with my fists and you just shoot into my head you would find it hard to proof that this was a self-defense. In Europe its even like this: If a burgeler comes into your house and you shoot him dead with your gun you will have to face several years of prison unless you can proof that he really threatened your life -which is  hard to do if he "unluckily" did not carry any weapon. This case happens from time to time.

     

     

  • Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

    The story that Stevie has told above reminds me of a movie "General's Daughter", the scenes is quite different though.I think sometimes people just choose to believe what they want to believe after one's own analyzation of the case since no one has viewed the crime-scene including the judge,which somehow makes people more likely fall into the "Halo Effect" and suppose to make the law and justice harder?

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    Yes, you finally got it eastwood: You knock his balls and you RUN.  But you dont stay there and cut off anything. Thats exactly the difference between self.defense and cruel revenge.

    The rest what you say is more or less irrelevant for this case. Or would you  agree that with the same reasons every chinese has the right to cut of any agressiv americans ear?

  • Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:

    its self defense when u protect urself from danger.

    its reasonable and its very wise.

    do u have any idea what ur attacker plans to do to u after he has over powered u or after he has finished having his way with u?

    there is a saying which is "no withness no crime".

    if he had succeeded in raping her do u wanna tell me he would have just got up and left after he knows she knows who he is?

    there is also a bigger picture here.

    she protected herself from what she knew was about to happen and also from what she didnt know would happen after he had finished.

    if someone breaks into ur house and u shoot him in the head and call it self defence , yes it would be hard to prove since u didnt have any signs that he actually intended to harm u but if i am this persons lawyer i will ask in court that was the dead man in his own house?why break in unless he knew he would be refused if he tried getting in the normal way(asking to be invited by knocking) but decided to break in cos he had an high and hidden agenda.

    did she go find him in his house?

    his the woman's house his house?

    why break inside a house that is not urs?

    that woman is a free woman in the court of law.


  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Dipshit, You dragged my nationality into the discussion where it wasn't relevant, and that's why you're a dipshit, Dipshit. You're not owed the patient responses of Stevie and Eastwood. 

    "You knock his balls and you RUN.  But you dont stay there and cut off anything."

    And leave him to rape her three kids. Brilliant. Go wrap your lips around the tailpipe of a moving vehicle.

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    Ronald: Dildo Z is maybe a wanna-be-rapist... :)

    Steve: I partly agree with you, but I think u argue on the basis of revenge and not on the basis of law. The fact that someone does something wrong does not allow you to also do something wrong. Nobody would deny that the thief or the rapist is wrong. But the punishment and the decission what punishment is sutable for a certain crime is something which should be done through people who are not involved - in most of the cases that would be a court.

    if he had succeeded in raping her do u wanna tell me he would have just got up and left after he knows she knows who he is?

    I am not familiar with all the details. But as much as i understand this is exactly what he did for half a year. I dont think she was under life danger - though she is maybe now.

  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

    @Noone,

    All right then.

    How about I state my intention to go over to your house and rape you. I'll just say it right now, to save myself the trouble of implying my intention to rape you by stalking you for six months, because you're just not worth that kind of long-term rape-planning. I don't think you even shave your asshole.

    And after I invade your home, you're going to lay there and endure the raping, because trespassing in someone's home when they are asleep is not enough reason to react with deadly force. Plus, I'm a clumsy person. If you resist at all, there is a possibility that I will trip and fall on that coffee table made out of warped lumber and two milk crates.

    That presents a legal significant liability for you, sir. How can I safely rape you when you don't even have proper furniture, you malodorous hobo? You have no choice but to lay there and permit me to complete my rape in its entirety, money-shot and all, because self-defense needs to be proportional to the expectation of harm, and I'm not planning to even hit you.

    I'm just going to stick the tip in. 

    Because after that, the rape will be consensual.

  • Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:

    dude the details we got said he had been harassing her for 6months.

    harassing is not rape man. that is like intimidating or disrespecting her in a bad way.

    harassing is not bringing out ur dick and wanting to use it as the key to get to the promised land.

    so i still stand by everything i have said.

    she was in danger and it was self defence.

  • Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

    As i said before, i am not sure about the exact terminology in English nor where this is written down. Anyway, as much as I know is the structure of the american and english law significantly different from the law in continental Europe.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc