Discussion » Technology » UQ Interaction Design Exhibition-The Edge,Brisbane

• Person
    Person wrote:
    <p>hey guys,</p> <p>If you are happen in Brisbane, Australia and have time on the last day of May (31st),</p> <p>Time: 12PM - 7PM.&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp; &nbsp; 31st May 2011</p> <p>Location : The Edge, South Bank</p> <p>There will be an UQ multimedia interaction exhibition at The edge, south bank.</p> <p>Here's more details:</p> <p>A cool and interactive digitalized exhibition. If you are a fan of Sci-fi, this is definitely made for you! There will be 8 different projects exhibit at the Edge, which is located in south brisbane, next to the State Library.&nbsp;<br /><br />Kinect based music JukeBox<br />Kinect based interactive mirror<br />Kinect based IKEA Augmented Reality Furniture floor planner<br />An information Globe based on mouse movement (Spin it!!!)<br />Pic cards game (Alien V.S. Human) QR Code<br />Weapons Battle (Wiimote and IR-LEDs Technology)---very cool indeed:D<br />AngryBirds in real size, play with a giant slingshot<br />Ride a bike to explore the Earth? (Google Earth stuff)<br /><br />Feel free to come and play:)&nbsp;<br />Bring your friends!<br />it's free and if you are early you might get some Tim-Tam from Weapons Battle!!!</p> <p>Here's the map of the Edge &nbsp;<a href="http://edgeqld.org.au/get-involved/contact-us/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><span>http://edgeqld.org.au/get-</span>involved/contact-us/</a></p> <p>just take any bust stops at culture centre:)</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>hope see you there:D</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... it's a shame I cannot be there ... hope you could keep this thread updated when there is any MM material on Youtube or other web site ... thanks !!

• Person
    Person wrote:

sure, i probably gonna post some photos later?!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I miss the views from Kangaroo Point and South Bank ... and I still miss the walk and the ferry ride from St Lucia to West End (the ethnic radio station) ... used to go there once every month for the Cantonese program ...

• Person
    Person wrote:

@

叮噹叔叔 (婦協雜工)    exhibition just finished! heaps of people went there!!!

btw,were you doing IT relating stuff in UQ before?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I barely finished my Electrical Engineering Degree, if it counts ...

• Person
    Person wrote:

ah...EE..I heard it's a pretty tough one to do! hehe

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I was stupid then (and lazy too), and had not grown any better, smarter or wiser over the years ...

... anyway, got any videos or photos to share? or web sites?

• Person
    Person wrote:

i've got some photos. but not that many, i'll see if our lecturer gonna post more later, he carried a big camera, so he should got plenty.

we do have a course blog website on Ning,kinda documented the design process for each group, if you wanna have a look, this is the site

http://ienv3000.ning.com/

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.