Discussion » Nonsense » How often do you take shower?

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

I know its kinda weird topic, but i can not endure people who are smelly all the time, so lets share this topic with people who never take shower ...

So my questions is how often do you take shower? once a day or twice a day or once in one week?

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

Jone, why dont  you share with us how often do you take shower? 

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

Me? i take shower once every morning in winter,  twice in summer both evening and morning.

• Simen Wangberg

I take showers whenever Christ compels me to do so. Recall that he often hung out with lepers and prostitutes, so...yeah. STANKONIA. Nah I just make sure to grab one before I leave my house. If I'm gonna be a hermit for the day, fuck it.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I need a shower before I leave the house or I get that not-so-fresh-feeling.

洗洗更健康!

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

Swagg? i just realize that you are Afroman.

ok,  you take shower everytime u pee? are you Arabian?

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

John Constantine, are you the guy from eastern europe? and ur profile pic was u stand in front of flower tree?

YJ, i never been to east europe, for more questions about shower system in east europe, better ask John Constanitine.  :)

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:

twice a week, any more than that would be weird

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

1-2 times a day

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

@ Kent - that's a lie, you stinky Norwegian!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... "stinky Norwegian"? Anna ... you did a smell-check of him?

I myself shower twice a day, but I know some "native" Chinese do tend to not shower every day ... this was, by the way, covered in the deleted thread ...

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

you can smell Kent and Ole from a far, always smell like rum and coke too:)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... doctor asked me to stay away from alcohol ...

• Kristian Svoren

i do it three times a day!!!

• Kevin Chen
    Kevin Chen wrote:

this really depends what you do.

• Amalie Sæverud

约会季节一天2次,颓废的季节,什么时候出门什么时候洗澡 lol

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

3 times a day is kinda weird too. once or twice a day is normal...

seems most of people have shower habits here, I just dont understand why  there are so many chinese people  take shower once in one or two weeks......

Another chinese guy i know in my hutong, he took shower once a yr.....!!!

no wonder you smells so bad.. :( :(

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) as above, they are mostly native Chinese ... non native Chinese tend to have shower more regularly ...

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

I  just hope native chinese can change this bad habit.

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:
  • G
    G wrote:

twice a day...

• Yuki
    Yuki wrote:

Jone, no, they dont have it, they only have public toliet, thats all.

i think you have been online for too long, and today is friday, u need to go out to have some beer, it is not health to stay in front of computer all the time. 

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

one time one year yuki .....

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

The reason people stink, is actually soap. Soap flushes away the natural oils that the body produce, so when showering with soap every day, the body overproduces this oil. It sounds discusting because we're so mentally tuned into showering with soap and the thought that we dont need it is just absurd. But it's true - you really think they had soap in the stone age? :) 

You can even stop using shampoo, but the results here tend to be a bit different. A team of girls tried it, and one girl thought it was a nightmare while the other girl got a look on her hair that she didnt know was possible (natural curls) and was extremely excited about it. Instead of shampoo you can use something MUCH cheaper - baking soda and water.

And IF you insist on using shampoo etc, you shouln't do it more than every second day. More will destroy your hair.

For your question: I shower once a day. And I've tried the no-soap thing and I shit you not - your smell disappears! But I don't trust it enough right now as I'm going crazy at the gym, so right now I'm using both soap and shampoo ;P

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

@ ole, i was taking ur 2 paragraphs of comments very seriouslly until i came to the end.....

one of my college roommates was obessed washing her hair every morning when we were even sleeping,so we just witnessed her loss of hair day by day,it was terrible

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

There is one state in the US, where it's a law to take a shower once in year. "Dumb law"

• Patrick Coleman

same with philippines, in makati theres a law that requires tricycle drivers to take shower every time before they work. some customers complain of the smelly drivers... philippines is a hot country the whole year, i sometimes shower with packs of ice just to keep cool.... in beijing i need the water to be warm and hot.......

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

1-2 times a day, 3 if I'm celebrating. 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... not a biologist of any kind ... but I insist on washing my hair every night because I dont like the smell of the kitchen, or hotpot, or Korean BBQ on my pillow (did I just talk like Yuki?) ... however, I do have more hair than people 10 years younger than myself ...

... so, I cannot prove it, but hair loss due to frequent wash might have more to do with individual ...

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

depends on what happens in the course of a day.

usually in the morning before leaving.

but if i go biking then it would be after

and of course after sex

so depending on how many times i get laid in one day :)

high water bills :D

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I know Chinese folks shower in the evening to keep their bedclothes clean. It makes sense. But I shower in the morning 'cuz it's invigorating.

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:

@YJ: It is better for the skin :-)

@Tina's: hehe, what made you not take it seriously in the end? =) And yea, I'd not be surprised if someone got hairloss from over-washing their hair :)

I've never tried baking soda and water though.. maybe I'll test it some day soon :-) After my "WTF?" reaction when I first heard about the no soap thing, I ended up reading a lot about it, and I remember there was some soap for the body that you actually can use without clearing away the natural oils. It was some "jungle soap" with all nautral ingredients and it suppose to smell good too..

Do a google search on "No Poo" (no shampoo) which is the common term for this trend :-) Quiting using shampoo and soap would

1) give you better skin and hair

2) save you of, in some cases, LOTS of money

3) Save the planet! At least a tiny fraction of it :-)

Not that I'm a green-planet enthusiast or anything, but this I think is kinda cool and interesting :-)

• Monica Dalseghagen

it doesnt matter hw many times u shower a day but as long as u never ''shave''  esp in summer......trust me u will be a moving adour!!!!!!!!!!!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.