Discussion » Beijing Life » Bar recommendations

• Lao Lee
    Lao Lee wrote:
    <p>Need some bars where the older expats (40-50 year olds) frequent... any sugestions?</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
  • Stian Moe
    Stian Moe wrote:

George's pretty close to Vics, is a very nice place and the cocktails re amazing there

• Simen Wangberg

Just take them to some nice-ish bar in SLT, avoid the student clubs/bars. Apothecary comes to mind, or George's. I think the Den is fairly popular with the older crowd too.

Oh, and fuck Houhai. You don't want to take them there, it's full of shit bars and tourists. Only thing that place is good for is grabbing some street beers and taking the boats for a spin.

• Stian Moe
    Stian Moe wrote:

The Den is a nice place to hang out and have drinks for a bit, also George's i love teh environment there & well if u like the roof tops u might check Kokomo during teh week is totally fine, on teh weekends is more like a club

• Simen Wangberg

I was going to recommend Q Bar, but apparently service and drink quality is all but non-existent since George Zhou left. I haven't been there since he booked to start his own bar (the "George's" previously mentioned, actually), but I've heard bad things. Try at your own risk.

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

Qbar is more for young ppl,no? so nice place,miss the little pillows there 

• Tina
    Tina's猫 wrote:

we go together next time yj 

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

bars for older folks? that i would not know but for anyone not into the bar kiddie scene i would suggest a great dinner and boat ride in hou hai. a little pricey and crowded but those are fun.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.