Discussion » Dating & Romance » I'm gay, and I'm cool with it.

• Mark
    Mark wrote:
    <p>How do I put this?</p> <p>I&rsquo;m gay.</p> <p>I&rsquo;m gay and for years of struggling, I&rsquo;ve become cool with it. We&rsquo;re not living inHolland, we live inBeijing,China. It&rsquo;s not quite proud to be out in the open when you finally decide to let others know your sex orientation, it&rsquo;s embarrassing, it&rsquo;s hard, and it&rsquo;ll stay that way for life.</p> <p>So that&rsquo;s why I&rsquo;m still in the closet.</p> <p>Though I&rsquo;ve got a boyfriend, who loves me, takes good care of me and we managed to make this relationship last for almost three years, but three years is too short compared with a life time. Now he&rsquo;s about to hit the limit &ndash; his parents are forcing him to go to blind dates with set up girls/women, and he&rsquo;s now brainwashed to think about getting a girl, marrying her and starting a &lsquo;real&rsquo; family. How cruel is that?</p> <p>I&rsquo;m not complaining about anything, I just want somebody to be there when I feel most lost. Anybody.</p> <p>There&rsquo;re not many who understands what I think, or why I think things that way.</p> <p>I like Izzie Stevens and George O&rsquo;malley in Grey&rsquo;s Anatomy,</p> <p>I like Malinda Gordon in Ghost Whisperer,</p> <p>I like Jack Bauer in 24,</p> <p>I like Peter Petrelli in Heroes,</p> <p>I like Dean Winchester in Supernatural,</p> <p>I like Sara in United States of Sara,</p> <p>I like Olivia Dunham in Fringe&hellip;.</p> <p>Now do you see me as a couch potato or what?</p> <p>I&rsquo;d say yes, but that&rsquo;s not a bad thing, because I get all the emotional feelings from these tv series that I can ever get in real life, one most pathetic thing is, it&rsquo;s one-way.</p> <p>So I&rsquo;m here, looking for friends, Chinese or whichever country you came from, to talk. Or to have you be there when I need you, to know there&rsquo;s something in my life, beside my family, my boyfriend, my regular friends. I need to know that you&rsquo;re there.</p> <p>If you&rsquo;re Chinese, please contact me with the QQ <strong>1457527608.</strong></p> <p>If you&rsquo;re someone who doesn&rsquo;t know how to use QQ, you may say hi to <a href="mailto:ilovemagic1983@yahoo.com.cn">ilovemagic1983@yahoo.com.cn</a>, I&rsquo;d love to hear your voice.</p> <p>I feel like to say so much but I don&rsquo;t know where to begin.</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Mark? from Holland? ... similar to what Lee said, you claim to be gay, and yet, you make it sound like it is a bad thing? Stop watching (or absorbing from) TV series, there is a much more colorful thing out there, and it is called the real world ...

By the way, I like Dean and Olivia too ...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I think that the first two comments got this thread off to a bad start. You're right, being gay in Beijing is hard, there is not exactly the culture or scene for it that there is in other major cities. However, I know that there is a website dedicated to the gay scene in Shanghai (but the name escapes me, sorry) and it would suprise me greatly if there wasn't some equivalent for Beijing. Get yourself out there, go to some dating events. They have to be going on somewhere in the city.

Best of luck to you.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... by the way, assuming this thread might evolve into "gay in China", I have noticed many times that some (Chinese) guys actually hold hands when walking among the crowd, and I have always wondered in the past, whether they are gay or not ... anyone?

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Can we get this thread off the "me very man" caveman talk? This thread shouldn't be about insulting someone you don't know, there's nothing productive in that. Instead of saying: "Man up", why not say: "You can do it". One is something positive and affiriming, the other does nothing but makes a person feel worse. 

tl:dr, what's the need in being an asswipe?

• Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:

mike,life is short and we wont be here forever so make every moment count.

the greatest regret comes with words like "could have,should have and would have"  .

the world keeps spinning round every second and it wont wait for u to get the confidence u are looking for to be strong.

so sit down and ask urself what u want in life then get up and go make it happen.

in the end,the things we regret the most are the things we didnt do,the things we didnt try to do and the things we didnt finish doing.

besides its far better to try and fail than to not even try at all.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

whining about your issues wont solve them. it has little to do with being gay.

get off your ass and do something about it.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm just here to express my solidarity with the LZ and tell the haters they can go play in traffic.

I'm not gay, but I'm queer as a three dollar bill in practically every other aspect. Discussing this in public and opening yourself to ridicule from these clowns demonstrates that you've got more balls than some quasi-literate bloated buffoons who only remain here as beneficiaries of laowai privilege. These sacks of shit wouldn't know what struggle meant if they accidentally wandered in the bondage dungeon of a leatherman convention.

加油同志!

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

"You're right, being gay in Beijing is hard, there is not exactly the culture or scene for it that there is in other major cities"

I have never seen anywhere else more gay than in Beijing or china in general. Seems to me that every other chinese is guy... But thats a good thing: there are anyway more male than female... :)

• Saint - Spartacus

SUPPORT GAY FOREVER ... ... WE SHOULD OVERCOME ANY DIFFICULTY!!! COME ON

• Saint - Spartacus

if a girl not as ''sarah lucas'' or ''celine sciamma'' or'' beatriz preciado'' or ''Katherine Moennig''. i won't date ... i'm so tough  ^___^

• Saint - Spartacus

but as u know , the actrice is actrice... that's all

and if seen '' the lovely bones'' the cute young girl, she 's so wondeful in the film but in the interview, she totaly sb else and terrible. so the person can be formed a nice figure due to the need of the audiance . but it's not that person who she was .

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Too many bi girls are just munching rug to pull more dick; the only completely trustworthy class of human being left on this planet are raging dikes.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... Mark ... again, welcome to this site ... and dont mind the girls, they might act silly, when in fact they are not ...

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

@Mark: be careful with .rOkOlOkO., she is now evil ^^

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ...

TOB ... that's cute .. but I think this one here is even cuter ...

::xuedi:: ... everyone is evil compared to the Priest ..

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

Nobody can be more cooler than Omar (The Wire)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... S. ... how is your evening?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... I am sure I texted you when I arrived home last night, right? I woke up around 5 this morning, and I am too tired to go out tonight ...

By the way, I think you looked really "hungry" last night ... but I have to admit, Jojo looked very sexy last night :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... the girl sitting next to you was Jojo, and the girl sitting next to me was Irene ... guess I did not do the introduction properly ... heehee ...

... about your depression ... do you want to do this here, or offline?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

I always wanna make some guy friends.. but I never get any chance.. 

OP.. I need your post more things until I think you can be my first cool guy friends..

We can do shopping together... It would be fucking awesome ...:)

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

Gay... I.. I.. think I've been drinking too much tonight.. +.+

• Loo
    Loo wrote:

Man.You must understand everyone has sometime when they feel every low and disappointed. This problem is not unique to you ,nor to any certain group.I pity you for blaming your lifestyle ,because it is not the perpetrator.However I admit they are  troubles come only to this certain choice, which is sad and regretable to this world.

But trust me,when there is hardship,there is something pays off.Few get views most people don't.

LOve is a hard battle to win. That 's equally ture to anyone.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.