Discussion » Beijing Life » i am choose vampire party's music~~

• Lorettayxz
    Lorettayxz wrote:
    <p>hey dear friends i am loretta,i am choose vampire party music right now alredy~ hope guys will enjoy our party,soon we start the party~~~ hot ,sexy ,music ,what u want all in this party~~~</p> <p>join the group:<a href="../groups/group.rails?Gid=1000002407">http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/groups/group.rails?Gid=1000002407</a></p> <p>love u guys from loretta and dingding uncle~~~</p>
  • Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

sisters of mercy, bauhus

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

mei cuo

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

Muse's music

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... I am ancient ... how about Rocky Horror?

Time Wrap:

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued)

sweet transvestite remix ...

• Stian Moe
    Stian Moe wrote:

the whole soundtrack from Interview with a Vampire

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued)

Theme from Interview with a Vampire

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Bump.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... last I heard from Loretta, there is an issue with the venue, so right now she is looking for another one ... it is hoped to still use the "vampire" theme, so please keep throwing us with more ideas :)

• Amalie Sæverud
    就放 聊斋 的主题歌就好了!
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Is Loretta still active here? If not, I think we ought to roll the vampire theme into a full-blown fetish party. Whaddya say, folks?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... to the best of my knowledge, Loretta has many (and I emphasize MANY) business interests, as well as contacts ... WLIB-wise, she is quiet, but she is a busy bee out there ... I will try to call her tonight to get an update ...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Not that I'm being judgemental(well, I am, but still!), but I'd only be up for a fetish party if there was a blanket ban on middle-aged guys coming as women...

In terms of music...

T DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER IF IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DANCE TO OR UNPLEASANT TO HEAR! EVEN IN THE LIVELIEST OF GOTH CLUBS, MOST PEOPLE JUST DO A TWO-STEP SWAY FROM SIDE TO SIDE WHILE THEY SMOKE CLOVE CIGARETTES

This is simply not true. Goth clubs that focus on facets of the goth genre that are difficult to dance to don't stay active for very long: how many times have you heard classical music or folk music played in a goth club? 

Similarly, whilst a two-step or the revolutionary three step forward, three step back dance is probably typical for trad goth nights (clubs that mainly play 80s goth-rock like Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, The Virgin Prunes, The March Violets and early industrial like Ministry, Nine Inch Nails and Nitzer Ebb), it's definitely not accurate to lump any cyber-goth or industrial nights into that definition, and most of the dancing there is more like what you'd expect at an electro or psytrance club (more flaililng of limbs and speed-induced gyrating). 

For this party, I have a huge collection of trad, cyber and industrial goth that you guys would be welcome to if you want it. 

• Simen Wangberg

FLAIL, SWAY, ENNUI.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Daniel, You called NIN 'early industrial,' but I'm assuming you just mean it's just the most popularly accessible example; Throbbing Gristle, Einsturzende Neubauten, and Skinny Puppy all came as much as a decade earlier, but it's utter shit to listen to and better classified as performance art, so who gives a fuck? The only good industrial acts are hybrids like the ones you mentioned.

Me I funk but I don't care. I ain't no square with my corkscrew hair.

Anyway, hooks us ups with zee musics mine dawg-friend, 'cuz I accidentally formatted my HDD with all my old industrial shit a month ago FFFFFF~

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

How do you think? I was changing my OS when I was stoned. Call fucking CNN.

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

True blood's theme song rushed into my mind....

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

Hahaha come on babe Nympheyamine....oh, your style is truely true blood!

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

evil? haha I love evil, bring some more evils with you!!!

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@Dando, 

Yeah, I used Nine Inch Nails more as an example of  one of the first bands that brought industrial to a more mainstream audience rather than the folks that convinced themselves that noise like Throbbing Gristle was enjoyable! 

@Ataahua

I love that theme tune too, and a lot of the music on that series is pretty cool. 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Daniel,

I can't say anything nice about TB or Neubauten, but Skinny Puppy has its moments. But I think Ogre should've done more collaborative shit with Pigface and KMFDM.

• Simen Wangberg

@Daniel,

Hey mang, some of us like listening to sheets of static and inaudible sub-bass. Throbbing Gristle is downright accessible in comparison. I just never cared for the sneery British accent, Whitehouse did that a lot too and it was just irritating to me.

We should open a "gothic bar" for the twat in the other thread. And provide music for the "vampire" party. Quotation marks imply "sarcasm".

• Ataahua
    Ataahua wrote:

Daniel, I agree with you, I like the music in this show to, compared to the Chinese shows, it's like heaven:)

Michael, people likes icecream doesnt mean he has no idea about healthy diet...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

@Dando, 

Skinny Puppy I can tolerate, though I think they do benefit from having a few good tracks that allow people to gloss over the amount of vapid stuff they've produced. Though I generally feel this way about the majority of bands that fit into the industrial genre, so go figure. 

How about once the venue and format is confirmed, we can throw out some ideas and sample setlists? This is actually a discussion I'd love to get a bit more involved in once there are more concrete details. 

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.