Discussion » Nonsense » a student cost in lundon 300euro one month u beliv

• Lorettayxz
    Lorettayxz wrote:
    <p>my mom tell me she have a friends' daughter everymonth cost in lundon only 300 euro~~~ u can belive? i just know it one cola coast 5euro25cent~~~~ in 300euro how u spend?</p>
  • High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

It's near Lishuiqiao in champing

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Do you mean London? They maybe mean £300 not 300euros but then that's still a wild claim. I can't live on that little a month in the UK even when I live in the cheapest, scummiest parts of Glasgow.

In london you are going to be spending more than £300 (3000rmb) a month on rent alone, no shadow of a doubt.

• Klisklass Kjærlighet

Maybe its excluding accomadation i guess, you can live with 300£ excluding accomadation, but you have to cook your own food. I have seen some people renting a room and 2 or 3 people share them, in that case its possible, but its illegal :)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... when I was a student, I sometimes calculate out-of-pocket expense, but not total expense ...

Loretta ... is your mother's friend's daughter doing any part-time work?

Q for anyone from UK ... is it legal for overseas students to work in UK? We allow a maximum of 20 hours per week in Oz ...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Law is the same in the UK. Part-time work is alowed for over-seas students. I'll make the point that I lived on £400 a month in Glasgow (a much cheaper city) and didn't ever go out drinking or anything but I stole most of my food. That was pretty much the only way I managed to live on so little.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... so, if assuming that this girl might be doing some part-time work, is it possible to live in London on 300 euros per month?

• Simen Wangberg

Ahahaha. Are you referring to dumpster diving, Kieran? My boy Jeff was way into that back in the day. I went out with him a few times, it was fun.

He was real guerrilla about it though, he would wait in the shadows of our local Little Caesars pizza place with his lights off, and wait for them to take a stack of pizzas outside and throw 'em away. Still got some hot ones that way.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Nah Mike, good old fashioned shop lifting. If you learn the ins and outs of a shop's security failings then it's easy enough. I only ever dumpster dived non-edibles. FREEGAN POWER

• Simen Wangberg

Haha that is rad dude. I didn' t know you were such a miscreant, if I'm even using that word correctly. Rock on

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Miscreant is kind of like 流氓

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:

I believe for non-EU citizens, tuition fees in the UK are not that different to the US, unless something's changed recently.

London is expensive, but I think your estimate for coke at 5.25 Euro (£4.57) is pretty high as I've never seen it at such a price, or even really that close.

As for living on 300 Euro (£262-ish) a month in London - if you exclude rent and bills, it's probably possible if you don't do many fun activities. Having any sort of semi-decent social life that requires leaving the house though would likely make it impossible in my view.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.