Discussion » Film & TV » Beijing Taxi

• A.w
    A.w wrote:

BEIJING TAXI is a feature-length documentary that vividly portrays the ancient capital of China undergoing a profound transformation. The intimate lives of three taxi drivers are seen through a humanistic lens as they navigate a quickly morphing city, confronting modern issues and changing values. The three protagonists radiate a warm sense of humanity despite the struggles that each faces in adapting to new realities of life in the modern city. With stunning imagery of Beijing and a contemporary score rich in atmosphere, BEIJING TAXI communicates a visceral sense of the common citizens’ persistent attempts to grasp the elusive. The 2008 Summer Olympic Games serve as the backdrop for BEIJING TAXI's story, a coming out party for a rising nation and a metaphor for Chinese society and its struggles to reconcile enormous contradictions while adjusting to a new capitalist system that can seem foreign to some in the Communist-ruled and educated society. Candid and perceptive in its filming approach and highly cinematic and moody in style, BEIJING TAXI takes us on a lyrical journey through fragments of a society riding the bumpy roads to modernization. Though its destination unknown, the drivers continue to forge ahead.

影片讲述三个出租车司机在奥运会前的北京两年间 的点滴生活片段,以他们的视角去反映出北京为了举办奥运会所发生的一些方方面面的变化。在奥运会期间,出租车司机是北京的窗口,他们离中国的心脏最近,他 们一天14个小时都在听广播和谈话节目,这些出租车司机可以谈天说地,无所不知、无所不晓;通过出租车司机这一个社会小层面,真实反映了北京很多独特而与 众不同的气息;从某种角度来讲,出租车司机们是一个城市最好的见证。

• Simen Wangberg

I am welcome to take this documentary, and my advice on its service is appreciated.

This looks cool as hell. Where/how can I see the full movie? Apparently it's already been screened in Beijing.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Michael, I have a bunch of sweet independant Chinese documentaries and movies. I got some Jia ZhangKe stuff ("24 City", "I Wish I Knew"). I have to download it off my server though, but I could pass it a long. Lots of stuff along this theme.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.