Discussion » Film & TV » why do foreigners show up on "date" TV pro

• 申琪 Annie Shen
    申琪 Annie Shen wrote:
    <p>咦?怪了,为什么老外最近频繁上&ldquo;约会&rdquo;节目啊?</p> <p>真的是找结婚对象的?还是只是找&ldquo;女朋友&rdquo;的?</p> <p>why do foreigners show up at "date"TV programs so often?</p> <p>Do they really come for looking for a "wife"as a goal?or looking for a "girlfriend"?</p> <p>thats super werid?</p> <p>just saw only one guy called his mom about asking for advises.</p> <p>no idea what am i talking about,just feel like have to say something.I dont know.</p>
  • 申琪 Annie Shen

do you know"fei cheng wu rao" on Jiang Su TV? "Let's date"on Hu Nan TV?

• Simen Wangberg

Er, yeah. What John said. A concise and accurate summation of Chinese advertising theory.

Kind of like how a lot of American companies have advertisements with lots of black/Asian/female/disabled/whatever people to showcase their "diversity".

• 申琪 Annie Shen

that makes me feel better if they do really doing things like this.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Chinese people put foreigners on TV to laugh at them and feel better about living in a third-world country.

If the foreign man is successful at dating then the show will not be broadcast.

In Chinese movies and serials you will notice more than 90 percent of foreigners are portrayed negatively. This is because Chinese media is extremely biased against foreigners.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I remember seeing this awesome soap opera once where the "evil" girl dated an "evil" foreigner. She got what was coming to her though, because even though she had a life of luxury he left for America... and didn't take her... and left her, her furs and her LV on the streets.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... without even reading what was said above ...

Someone told me that a foreign guy whose face showed up on the front of WLIB had actually appeared in one of those shows ... still trying to dig if he is a PUA or a forum regular ... it could in fact be anyone ...

• Simen Wangberg

Because we have huge boners.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

@Pomegranate,  Blame the music industry. Since the LV will only get you to your closet and back, something will be left in the dark relevant to the real situation and some will be trapped in the closet..... Did they put a lock on it again? Who locks up darkness?

@ Annie Shen, You shouldn't blame a guy for wanting a strong Chinese woman since if he losses it won't be on the show but when he tries to have sex before dinner and gets his ass kick&*....Oh , another instance of bad timing?

• Sab
    Sab wrote:

Qwerty~ agree with you. Althought I asked 5000 for a day and not a dating show but a sitcom, a humorous series. I wasn't showed negatively by the character. Maybe because the script was written as the foreigner is a Hungarian (the country is long time friend of China) not an American?! :)) To put a foreigner into a TV show simply made it exotic and more unique. It's marketing.

• Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:

"why do guys show up at "date"TV programs so often?

Do they really come for looking for a "wife"as a goal?or looking for a "girlfriend"?

thats super werid?"

Honestly, I think these date shows in China are just about entertainment, nothing else. I wonder how many of guys on that show were seriously looking for a "wife" or a "girlfriend".

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.