Discussion » Nonsense » what do you do about your hangover?

• Miss D
  • Joy
    Joy wrote:

hmmmm, it depends. as it's a everyday isssue, i have serval options. if the next morning is weekend or holiday, i just lay down on my bed or sofa, watching movie/tv program/checking boring forum like Wlibj.  otherwise, i go to work semi-consiously. lol

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

the night or morning upon arrival from alcoholic party, force myself to drink water, two glass at least....hangover is a kind dehydratation... no hangover if I follow that ¨rule¨. If not die surrounded of my regrets   x_*

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Coconut milk, a banana, water.

Hangovers are caused by dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and low blood-sugar. My problem is I get so recklessly wasted that I forget to do these things.

• Simen Wangberg

"as it's a everyday isssue"

Party animal?

I will now become "that foreigner" and complain about fake alcohol in Chinese bars.

No I won't. But yeah, everyone should just know better and be careful with that shit. If you wanna drink the hard stuff, BYOB or drink at a trusted bar. Not that I ever listen to my own advice, of course.

• Joy
    Joy wrote:

hmmm... u can get drunk at home.  party is not the only way. heeee

• Simen Wangberg

Even more enlightening. I hope you at least have roommates or friends to create future hangovers with. Says the dude who used to get ragingly drunk on Sunday nights.

But now I just HEY HEY HEY HEY every day instead.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

I don't drink so I have not to worry about hangovers.

but i suggest you drink a few cups of water before you sleep after a night of drinking.

and sleep enough.

if those fail, go to the top of your building, look for the most expensive car nearby and jump off the roof and smash the car.

that will take care of your hangover. and it will save you time because excessive drinking is slow suicide

"wine is fine but whiskey is quicket, suicide is slow with liquor"

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

icecream works for me :)

• Gracie Liu
    Gracie Liu wrote:

yeah i wanna say icecream as well

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'll save everyone the trouble of reading the Time Out Beijing article:

Drink hot water with plant matter in it. Regardless of what kind of old plant dirt is floating inside your teapot, if you carefully follow the instructions of a reputable Chinese herbalist, there should still be enough water in it to rehydrate you.

• Ms Jing
    Ms Jing wrote:

honey water or tea always work for me.... :D

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.