Discussion » All non BJ languages » Chinese-ordered English, COE!

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;"><strong>Chinese-ordered English</strong> (<strong>COE</strong>) is the use of English words to represent the meaning of Chinese phrases and sentences that maintains the word order (syntax) of the original Chinese.</span></p> <p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">Here is an example of a Chinese sentence, Pinyin, COE and English:</span></p> <ul> <li><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">H&agrave;nz&igrave; &nbsp;: 昨天 我 和 朋友 去 公園.</span></li> <li><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">Pinyin&nbsp;: zu&oacute;tiān wǒ h&eacute; p&eacute;ngyou q&ugrave; gōngyu&aacute;n.</span></li> <li><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">COE &nbsp;: <em><strong>Yesterday I and friend go park.</strong></em></span></li> <li><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">English: I went to the park with my friend yesterday.</span></li> </ul> <p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">The well-known phrase 好好学习,天天向上 ("study hard, improve every day") is often literally translated by Chinese speakers as "good good study, day day up".</span></p> <p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">Wikipedia is useful for something.&nbsp; Learning languages is hard.....</span></p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese-Ordered_English<br /></span></p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.