Discussion » Beijing Life » How an amateur stole $1.5 million in art from

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p>I wonder too.........How???&nbsp;</p> <p>____________________________________________________________________</p> <p id="title"><span style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: small;">Forbidden City hit by 'rich club' scandal</span></p> <p>&nbsp;China Central Television anchor Rui Chenggang said on his microblog Wednesday that Jianfugong, one of the many palaces that make up the sprawling imperial complex, has become "a private club for the exclusive use of the 500 richest people in the world."</p> <p>WoW!!! :((</p> <p>http://www.china.org.cn/china/2011-05/14/content_22563920.htm</p> <p><br />Jianfugong was rebuilt in 2005 with money from the Hong Kong-based China Heritage Fund after it burned down in 1924. The restored palace has received visits from several renowned figures, including some who have made contributions to its renovation.</p> <p>这个宫在那里?没听说过?....</p>
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:

Thread title fail.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Reading that article it seemed pretty rediculous. It's pretty normal for major historical sites that used to be places people lived (castles etc) to have places that are off limits to the public that are used for meetings and receiving vips and stuff. It's not like there is actually some secret club for billionaires. Who the hell would want to put it in the Forbidden City anyway? It'd be tiny and there'd be tons of people making noise outside. Real secret clubs for billionaires are in huge houses on even huger estates.

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

I was once but now I've moved on.

I'm not one to let the grass grow under my feet!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.