Discussion » Technology » Problems logging onto international websites?

• Davochi
    Davochi wrote:

Just wanted to know if anyone has been having issues logging into foreign websites, despite the use of a vpn or proxy?

Since last week the connection has been very unstable. it'll work for a moment, then crash, work for a moment, then crash. Noticed this both at home and at the office. 

A friend told me that there was a rumor of a new chinese firewall measure restricting the total amount of online access time to foreign websites for the whole country (unlimited for local sites though), instead of just only restricting what pages are available.  He also told me that the internet problems have been happening in other parts of the country over this last month... so it's not just an isolated case. 

so yea... anyone else having similar problems?

Or if you already solved, care to share how you did it? 

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm not using a VPN. I've been having problems with MSN for a while now.

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

Are they free VPN / Proxies?

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:

It's weird they'd do anything that limits their abilities to do business abroad like that.

Have absolutely no problem with mine...

• N-Die 北京的法国人

Yeah i have lot of problems, specially google, other international website are slow...

The connection with Skype is shit, can't use the cam with parents and friends...

Connection here is 2MO

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

google mail was blocked for a few days ... troublesome ...

• Joakim Lund Rangel

Seem to be having the same problems at our office too. Gmail is completly locked down and most international websites are way much slower than before.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I've had enough of this shit. From now on, everything behind the Great Firewall of China is no longer part of "the Internet," but a second cyberspatial region we shall henceforth refer to as "the hinternet."

For non-native speakers: "hinternet" is derived from the German/English word "hinterlands" (腹地).

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... just a tiny little observation ... last I checked (probably Friday?), I can use Outlook to access the SMTP and POP of gmail ... does that count?

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

@Joakim Lund Rangel: its just the ssl option, someone here is mad that they cant read the people mail content, so they blocked the ssl version, if you manage to login, diable ssl and it working again ... 

• MaX(Rida-b)
    MaX(Rida-b) wrote:

Greetings a great vpn service with chinese version and support for a reallt good price, it works fast!!! check this one out www.wailuvpn.com

• Patrick Coleman

wailuvpn is also being blocked!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.