Discussion » Technology » Ubuntu

• Tuco
    Tuco wrote:
    <p>here ya go</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I haven't used any linux for years so its all going to need a bit of time to become familiar again with it all. but its nice to have it again :)</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I don't know why i waited so long. Oh I remember, I hate dual booting. and had only one computer.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>now thats different.</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Dual booting a netbook would be rather silly, anyway. One of the reasons to install Ubuntu Netbook Remix is because of how quickly it starts from a cold boot.

I brought my ThinkPad to the office today to install Ubuntu.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

well not mine i think it would be ok since it has 2g mem and 250 g drive. i did have xp and win 7 dual on it for 1 day then decided fuck it. linux

so much shit to read with no time to read it today...

fuck boston they lost!!!

chicago over miami in 5 games.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Are you off your meds? The hell are you talking about sports in your own Linux thread?

• 雪地
    雪地 wrote:

there is a linux thread here ... wow, come to join me at the Beijing Linux user Group, every second tuesday every month, not sooo geeky, lots of socializing as well www.beijinglug.org

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The local DNS doesn't like your URL, Xuedi.

• №❶ Passioη

In the world of webservers and enterprise network rather than personal OS, Linux still holds its ground... Many people simply go for MS and Apple cos they are more popular... but if you require rare unique features like tunneling, ubuntu tops the chart...

MS is working pretty hard to meet most security requirements of today's networked computer.... So if OpenSource / Linux doesn't come up with something more ground-breaking soon as a personal OS, it may be netscaped. Surely, not anytime soon...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.