Discussion » Nonsense » best translation of chinese swearing words to engl

• Jyj
    Jyj wrote:

SB and 2B, NB, 给力。。。and so on...some words are just hard to translate.

怎么样的英语词能够表达它们的滋味呢?

(eg. 我SB了, means I'm so fucking fucked up, 

but that's not the best translation I think..

and 2B also similar meaning...fucktard, maybe?)

what kind of english translation is best for expressing their feelings?

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

wo cao. you don't know these translations? come on!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"Dumb cunt." Do note that besides being a vulgar word for female anatomy, "cunt" is also considered extremely derogatory toward women and every bit as politically incorrect as "nigger," although I've heard folks from the UK use it in place of "fuck".

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

2B或不2B, 那是一个问题。

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Roko, "Poseur" and "phony" are close, but a bit old-fashioned. "Douchebag" is what we call arrogant dudes in the USA, but it sounds fucking stupid to the rest of the English speaking world.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

No, sorry, I was replying to the OP at first.

SB = "dumb cunt"

ZB = "cuntish poser"

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

ZB = poser cunt. 

I like that Chinese throws the word "cunt" around as much as I do back home. Swear words can never be truely translated though. Like in Polish they use the word "whore" like you use the word "fuck" in English, and in Greek there is an insult that goes along the lines of: "You've masturbated so much that you've turned your penis into the material used in making slingshots" except it needs about 3 words in Greek.

• Simen Wangberg

ZB = triflin'-ass bitch

• Simen Wangberg

吹牛 = "shoot the bull" in English, which is funny cos it actually translates pretty accurately. To "shoot the bull" just means to chat with a friend or whatever. A more profane version is "shoot the shit".

• Marko
    Marko wrote:

hmm yummy, how to say fukin ass hole fuker in chinese?

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Nah, 吹牛 is more like "brag". At least, that's the impression I get from its use.

• Simen Wangberg

Oooh? A Chinese friend told me it meant to chit-chat...but I guess this would only be the millionth time in which a Chinese person has told me that X word/phrase has Y meaning, and then someone else is like "well actually no". The dialects and all that, confusion.

• Simen Wangberg

Never saw that one before - but according to yet another Chinese person, "叽叽歪歪" means something like "blahblahblah" in English. That is, it means to just talk nonsense. Similar meaning, but not quite the same as chit-chat...I think.

For "nonsense", I prefer 胡话, as it sounds like the English "hoo haa", which also means "nonsense".

Raving
    hú huà
    胡话

1.胡话 {hú huà} eye wash, fudge, raving
  • Simen Wangberg

Yeah, it sounds like 叽歪 is more like gossip/nonsense talk, where 吹牛 is more like regular chatting, maybe?

As for 胡说 - I don't know, I was just taught that 胡话 is like "nonsense", and that 屁话 is closer to the exact English meaning of "bullshit".

Basically all of these phrases and words have almost the same meaning, so...just do whatever, man. 随便

• Simen Wangberg

随便个屁

Bahahaha my translator reads that as "random ass". BAND NAME

• Simen Wangberg

I know, I was just messing around. I like adding 个屁 in situations where it is not appropriate or useful. Useful个屁!

• Simen Wangberg

Pee个屁

• Simen Wangberg

I'm okay with that.

• Saint - Spartacus

2B 铅笔

恩 还有3B 4B 5B 6B 7B 8B ... ...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Lao Lee, in English it's "Dogs nuts". It's impossibly for it to be the "duck's nuts" because ducks don't have nuts.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Lao Lee, I am British. I've never heard "duck's nuts". I've heard "dogs nuts" countless times though. Don't try pretend you are a native speaker again by attempting to hand down nuggets of wisdom to someone who is a native speaker about their own language.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Oh snap.

Lee just 班门弄斧 another English speaker.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

我不想寻衅! 

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

哈!我知道你在开玩笑。我不介意,你别着急,好不好?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Chill the fuck out, Lee. It's Aussie slang, not British. Where else but Down Under does anything ducklike possess testicles?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

In America, we have Truck Nutz.

@Roko, this sounds like a war that's only worth fighting if you're Chinese.

• Joy
    Joy wrote:

打酱油····无知群众路过

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

It would blatantly be AUS & UK vs. US. Colonial loyalty.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

America was a colony too. You mean sheepshagger solidarity.

• Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:

... the dog's bollocks?

• Ejdnzlaj
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

If "unnatural intercourse" appeared on my criminal record, it would also be on my resume.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.