Discussion » Beijing Life » Sanlitun Apple store assault

• The War
    The War wrote:

Read this recently. There is an article on TheBeijinger too.

"The afternoon of May 7 (Beijing time), Beijing SanLiTun  Apple store, crowds queued to buy the white iPhone4 and iPad2. A 1.9m (6’3”) foreign (non-Chinese) employee came out from the store with a metal club and hit four people, including two young men and two middle age women. A glass door of the store were hit and destroyed by excited crowds. All four people are hospitalized right now and no money was paid by Apple for medical purposes. Now Apple store locked down."

And more:

"According to witnesses, there were people tried to cut in front of the line in the afternoon, and caused chaos. There were frictions while the securities tried to keep the order, then a foreigner (possible an Apple employee) came out of the Apple store, beat up a few of the people waiting in the line, then went back into the store. The crowd requested to follow-into the store to find that person (who used violence), were denied entry by the security, that’s when the glass door of the Apple store was crushed. According to some, that foreigner, was wearing Apple uniform, possibly an Apple employee, but hasn’t been confirmed officially by Apple yet."

Some comments show these employee was not a foreigner. If not foreigner, then why mention him as foreigner?

So, who knows more about this case?

• Simen Wangberg

Huh, that's funny. I want to hurt people every time I walk by the Apple store, too!

:-/

iPad is a waste of money if you actually know how to use a computer, stupid product name, Steve Jobs is a twat, etc etc.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I, for one, am glad Steve Jobs has cancer. Seriously though, I'm interested to see how this develops.

EDIT: Both the cancer and the lead pipe wielding

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Kieran, that's too harsh, how can u rejoice when someone has pain? If it were you...? That's not advisable

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Thanks for welcoming me back, I thought I would be rejected:) May the Lord bless you

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

The article's from mychinaviews, not TheBeijinger, although neither is really a reputable source of news. That bit about a foreigner beating folks with a metal rod hasn't been corroborated. Smells like bullshit to me.

• Cice Liao

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.