Discussion » Food & Drink » Barbeque from Xinjiang People

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:
    <p>I was looking for some Yangrouzhuan from real Xinjiang people here in Beijing. But I found that they all disappeared. Does any one of you know where i can still find one? I think their meet sticks are simply tastier.</p>
  • Simen Wangberg

Hmm. Just about...any street corner should do. Lurk moar. There's usually one or two Xinjiang places within spitting distance of any neighborhood in Beijing. If you're still lost, try Crescent Moon in Wangfujing.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm quite find of the one in BLCU campus in Wudaokou, but I haven't been there since they moved it to a newer building.

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

Sorry, i am not native... How would you say that in the proper way?

Michael. I tried a bunch of BBQ-Places yesterday and none of them was run by people from Xinjiang. The closest i found was Gansu. Are you sure they are from Xinjiang or do you just assume they are?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I'm quite fond of the Uygher restaurant on BLCU campus.

FML

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

John: dont think so. I guess that  this is a trend which goes on already for years. Just didnt realize it for a long time since I was not in BJ last summer and i normally eat this kind of food in summer.

• Simen Wangberg

"Are you sure they are from Xinjiang or do you just assume they are?"

Umm. They wear funny hats and have moustaches? And the sign out front says 新疆风味...inb4 everything in China is fake.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

新疆驻京办事处,乌鲁木齐驻京办事处,一个在三里河路,一个在车公庄,北京最好的两个地方,自己查去吧

• Simen Wangberg

Oh shit, I had no idea the Xinjiang regional office was on Sanlihe, I used to work near there. Fuckin' A. Thanks for the tip man.

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

The one in Chegongzhuan I maybe know.. It it the one who offers the sticks for 3 yuan near the northwest entrance to the subway station? Are they still there? Did not see them anymore when i was last time in that region. But you are right. They are really tasty!

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Xinjiang regional office:

http://www.dianping.com/shop/512216

Urumqi office:

http://www.dianping.com/shop/512888

The latter one is considered the best of the best Xinjiang food, while the first one's famose of its kebab. (there are three around the Xinjiang regional office, all are good, the choice is yours)

Here is the photo link:

http://www.dianping.com/shop/512216/photos?pg=1

• Simen Wangberg

He's talking about the Xinjiang regional office restaurant, which I assume doesn't have roadside service...basically, every province/region of China has a regional office in Beijing through which they conduct...I don't know, regional office stuff.

But these offices often have accompanying restaurants which serve up authentic cuisine from the province/region they represent. There was a thread recently about the Sichuan regional office restaurant, which is fucking awesome if you like 川菜.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

yes man, you got it!

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

Hm... I doubt a bit that officials make good cooks...

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I am going to have to check me out some regional offices. Also, there are 3 Xinjiang shaokao places on my street. It seriosuly can't be that tough to find one.

• Olaf G.
    Olaf G. wrote:

The funny thing is: I asked now almost all of my friend and not one single person could name out a Street Vendor from Xinjiang who sells in Beijng Barbeque. There seem to be restaurants from Xinjiang and apperantly regional offices. There seem to be people from other provinces who sell BBQ and Xinjiang people who sell this strange rice cake. But I despite all what is written here: There seems to be not even one person from Xinjiang who sells BBQ meet on the street in Beijing. I guess this have some legal reasons.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Go to 车辇店胡同 there are three within 10 meteres of each other.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.