Discussion » Nonsense » Beijing bans smoking in indoor spaces from 1 May.

• A.w
    A.w wrote:
    <p>It's will be very nice if people cannot smoke in public spaces.</p>
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... it is said in the news ... for most of the places I went yesterday, I think it had worked, except for the Japanese restaurant that we had dinner ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... when Hong Kong did that a few years ago, with very heavy penalty, it went into a lot of chaos and trouble ... eventually, everything settled down and people went on their lives after a few months ... I expect this to be a painfully long process in China ...

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Isn't it already illegal to smoke inside some public buildings, like hospitals and universities? 

Not that anyone cares about it. 

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahahaha ... yes, Daniel, it is ... but, most people who does that, dont really care much about what the law says ... and like Scott said, it is about enforcement ...

... there was once a saying that, filthy rich likes to park their BMW or Mercedes in a "no parking" area, and then get fined for it ... the idea is that they can afford to pay for a fine that's only "chicken feed" to them ... and if they can get away with it, they like it even more ...

... so the same as the USE of the "no smoking" signs ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.