Discussion » Nonsense » Jim’s got himself a new gig!

• pommie
    pommie wrote:
    <p>Hola Amigos. I know it&rsquo;s been a long time since I rapped at ya but guess what? Jim Anchower&rsquo;s got himself a new job! I know I told you how I had this sweet gig teaching English but the thing is I kept getting fined for turning up late. My boss was being a real dick about it &ndash; like even if I was just twenty minutes late for a lesson he would fine my ass. Something about the parents getting angry if there was no teacher there or some shit. Total BS of course cos it&rsquo;s not like they&rsquo;d be doing bong hits or getting into knife fights like at my old high school. Anyways, I met this bro in a bar at Sanlitun and he offered me a job at his pizza restaurant! I have to take a paycut so it&rsquo;s goodbye to those sweet 7,000 bucks a month but on my first day there were hardly any customers so I just got to stand around and space out for a bit.</p> <p>Some of the people that turn up are Chinese, which surprised me at first but then I got to thinking. When I was back in the States I would often fire up a few bowls then go for Chinese food to relieve the munchies so like &hellip; for them maybe they go for American food? Sounds crazy at first but think about it for a bit. And guess what? Jim&rsquo;s learning to rap in Chinese! Like for pizza the Chinese say &ldquo;peace-ah&rdquo;. I guess it&rsquo;s philosophy or something. Also they don&rsquo;t seem to know the word &ldquo;tip&rdquo;. On the first day I was all like &ldquo;Tip? You know&hellip; tip?&hellip; fuckin&hellip;TIP!&rdquo; But they still didn&rsquo;t get it.</p>
  • pommie
    pommie wrote:

A lot of my buddies think working in a restaurant is like the best job ever because of all the free food. You do get to swipe some leftovers when you’re in the kitchen but actually looking at pizza all day you kind of get sick of it. I know that sounds crazy but it’s the stone, cold truth man. Like, put a pizza in front of me now and I would totally not be into eating it. Jim’s into Chinese food, man! And I mean the real stuff like cucumber and all that green shit. Yeah, it’s totally karma man. You eat Doritos every day for twenty years and there comes a time in life you gotta start thinking about your health. I have to get in for work at 11am as well, which is pretty weak but that’s what the Chinese are all about – early to bed, early to rise! I’m not Buddhist or nothing but even I’m thinking of getting into tai chi. I kind of dig how those old Chinese people go stand around in a park and space out for a an hour or two. Sign Jim Anchover up!

So it’s Zaijian from me amigos! It seems Jim’s life is really looking up since moving to China!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.