Discussion » Nonsense » We live in beijing, we live in the big dirty world

• Moi
    Moi wrote:

A sad day sandstorm…plastic begs flying high, couldn’t breathe and hardly to open my eyes…Anyway, c’est la vie, at least much better than live in nowadays Japan…however nuclear is not so far from us, and Syria war as well as Libya war…can they make the world be any worse? Human being are coping with retribution now, we have to lie on the bed we made ourselves…

Sometimes when I watch on TV: innocent happy faces of children, I pity them, they have no idea what a dirty environment they live in, beautiful gorgeous talking about labels or test or whatever relates to fashion and luxury things, so proud and so show off, yet,I pity them, don’t they know to be natural is the most right thing they should do? What’s diamonds for? What’s fur for? It will be nothing after die,as well, aggressive guys talk about the trend of real estate or stock market, I pity them too, probably next day they die for heart attack or cerebral hemorrhage because of hard working…

Look on web seats news every day, shocking scandals reappear now and then,the truth?people are competing to ‘lose face’ to sensationalize themselves, for what? To be star, win money, to be survived in this ugly world…all these just make me feel sick…also, everyday people talking about how to keepgood health or organic food blablabla..nonsense, really nonsense, if there isno pollution where got organic thing? Do you believe there is organic food ifthe air the soil the water has been all polluted? Don’t full ume like this pllllls.

Yes we are living on rubbish, are we? What canwe do to the earth? Look the traffic in Beijing, BMW, sport cars, four wheels,whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat for? would you pls be able to low profile? Or would youplease think about polar bear? They are dying…well, think my voice is too little, won’t be heard, or even it is heard, nobody really wants to give it shite…

beijing beijing, my lovely hometown, i am so missed the old time you, clean air and sky, quiet and natural…what can I do? is that mean I came back to you is a big mistake? But where can I escape to? Return to somewhere clean air? But I think, it will be rubbish sooner or later, so what I can do is just pray…let me sleep on rubbish tonight, to dream a clean world and smiling quietly…amen.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

Moi

I hear ya. loud and clear. I kinda feel the same way. and although i know there are lots of good things in the world, I find it hard to notice them because of all the negative.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I remember when /b/ was good, before all the newfags showed up.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

this appears to only be getting worse as well

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... why are you guys up already? I thought you guys wernt to the party last night? or was it not very good?

Ans: Moi ... the price we pay for what we call progress ... apparently, that's how SF has become the smog (or fog) city in the west coast ... or something like that?

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

I don't go out late nights. i prefer to be back here at home early enough so I can feed the cats outside, eat, clean the house and be ready for a full day.

besides, my schedule is so damn light, that any holiday in China seems like a normal work week for me.

I also went to bed at 11 last night.

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

Moi you are so lucky. I don't even remember one of those clean days. It has never been a day like that since I was born. Did I come to this world too late? We so should do something to the environment, however, if given the choice between the progress and the environment again, how many of us would choose nature over development?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Included in this heavily loaded and politicized term "development" is necessarily the preservation of sources of clean drinking water, ensuring proper waste disposal, diligent use of antibiotics, and producing uncontaminated foods. A mode of development which neglects these very basic necessities is not development at all, but slow societal collapse. There's no need to balance "environment" and "development".

It's a false dichotomy.

Environmental quality is a surer measure of development than the emergence of mass culture consumerism; all else is just meaningless lust for luxury and edifice complex.

Put all your hopes and dreams in one hand and take a shit in the other hand, then tell us which one fills up first. We ain't gonna fix a damned thing wrong with this world without getting our hands dirty. Why? It's gonna tear up the chrysanthemums of some very influential people.

• Jon erlend Nordby

thanks guys, especially many thanks to Jim Hawkins, you r right, it was kind of hopeless, because compare to the huge dirty world, i feel so small, hardly my voice will be heard...anyway, good thing always takes time,yet, i hope i could live that long where people are able to aware of what they have done to our mother earth...as to Beijing...oh a special case tho, i don't think i could see the day that  my old town returns.

btw...i'm not really blue one somehow? I am hurt becouse I love:)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahahaha ... Moi ... we all get hurt one time or another ... it can make you stronger, if you know how to "deal" with it ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.