Discussion » Nonsense » POST YOUR FAVOURITE QUOTE IN HERE!

• Leonardo
    Leonardo wrote:
    <p>your favourite quote is drawing about your thinking about your life,</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&ldquo;The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.&rdquo;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p></p>
  • Christian Hansen

"Si la vida te da la espalda, agarrale las nalgas" Radames de J

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"我们已经老了,无所谓了。"

• Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

“说得好,但是这毫无意义”

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

I like many, one of them:"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams". Roosevelt

• Sally
    Sally wrote:

"I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” — Marilyn Monroe

• Simen Wangberg

"Do whatever, man." - a noted philosopher

• Simen Wangberg

Also, I like how the two quotes posted back-to-back before my quote are both used to justify irrational behavior by both genders. Equality.

• Trine Andrea Skari

"Everybody lies...."...haha....unknown source...

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

We lose ourselves when we compromise the very ideals that we fight to defend. And we honor those ideals by upholding them not when it's easy, but when it is hard.

BARACK OBAMA

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

"Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish—a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow—to sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested . . . Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll." --Hunter S. Thompson

• Mari Vidste
    Mari Vidste wrote:

Gibberrish? There's no 'maybe' about the gibberish of the PC speechwriter platitudes of the Nelson Mandela and Obama quotes. Those plastic profundities are about as meaningful as Ai Weiwei's 'economic crimes' charge.

Now for a real quote:

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:

你懂的

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

--Marcus Aurelius

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Tiger got to hunt,
    Bird got to fly,
    Man got to ask himself "Why? Why? Why?"

Tiger got to sleep,
    Bird got to land,
    Man got to tell himself he understand

-- Bokonon 

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

He that loveth not, knoweth not God; for God is love. -- Bible

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

"God help those who help themselves"  lol...

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned. Our journey has never been one of short-cuts or settling for less. It has not been the path for the faint-hearted—for those who prefer leisure over work, or seek only pleasures of riches and fame. Rather, it has been the risk-takers, the doers, the makers of things – some celebrated but more often men and women obscure in their labor, who have carried us up the long, rugged path towards prosperity and freedom.” Baraka Obama

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

Prov 28:26 (NIV)  He who trusts in himself is a fool...

Jer 17:5(NIV) "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD."

-Bible.

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

Amen Evanescence aka Gloria:)

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

@HP, I don't agree with that .)

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
  • Rebecca Arnesen

Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner...

Deuteronomy 14:21

Christian morality is faultless

• Rebecca Arnesen

Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

can anyone explain this Deuteronomy awesomeness for me?

• Micky
    Micky wrote:

No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he'd only had good intentions - he had money too... Margaret Thatcher

• Rebecca Arnesen

Apologies for my slight on christian molarity, this is in fact old-school jewish law

• Rebecca Arnesen

otherwise known as morality

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

@HP,I don't agree to the Bible proverb I wrote  upstairs,hh

"God help those who help themselves" it's not from Bible,right?

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

haha, one must firmly believe what Bible saids can be called as real Christian??

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:

@Gloria aka Evanescence , it's not a bible quote, and not from the barblue, but from a Deist Benjamin Francklin. It's a controversial statement which from my part agree with it partially. We are not living in time where manna comes from heaven. We believe in God, our belief, for those who do so, have to be a combination of faith plus action.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Here's a bit of Gnostic apocrypha to confuse the shit out of everybody.

To those of you lucky enough to be spared a religious education, the following tract does not appear in the Bible; Thomas is infamous in the Gospel of John for being the disciple who doubted Jesus' resurrection and said he would not believe his teacher had risen from the dead unless he could touch the nail-holes in his wrists. The Gospel of John was authored later than the apocryphal Gospel of Thomas and is also the latest and least historical of the four canonical Gospels included in the Holy Bible, and this passage has parallels in the earlier Gospels, leading some Biblical scholars to believe it paints a very different of early Christianity than what modern religious officials would have us believe.

"Jesus said to his disciples: Make a comparison to me, and tell me whom I am like. Simon Peter said to him: Thou art like a righteous angel. Matthew said to him: Thou art like a wise man of understanding. Thomas said to him: Master, my mouth will no wise suffer that I say whom thou art like. Jesus said: I am not thy master, because thou hast drunk, thou hast become drunk from the bubbling spring which I have measured out. And he took him, went aside, and spoke to him three words. Now when Thomas came to his companions, they asked him: What did Jesus say unto thee? Thomas said to them: If I tell you one of the words which he said to me, you will take up stones and throw them me; and a fire will come out of the stones and burn you up." --Gospel of Thomas 13

Crazy shit, ain't it? I think early Christians were wiser than the modern kind.

• Simen Wangberg

"I'm a wizard" - me, motherfucker.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

GodFather, Moses spoke from Mount Sinai. Jesus spoke from Mount Zion. I speak from Mount Pleasant. And in following the relevant Chinese laws, I do not claim to represent any church, even though I am indeed an ordained reverend.

As they say, "The devil may quote scripture if it serves his own purposes." I study religion. I don't practice it.

Another:

"A jealous lover of human liberty, deeming it the absolute condition of all that we admire and respect in humanity, I reverse the phrase of Voltaire, and say that, if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him." --Mikhail Bakunin

• High Priest
    High Priest wrote:
    "The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.' 
    Billy Graham

• Simen Wangberg

"I have my moments of deep discouragement."

That's funny - I have my moments of realizing that I'm bilking hundreds of thousands of people out of their hard-earned cash because they think that I have some special connection to a made-up man in the sky, too!

Maybe stick to the Bible for your quotes there, guy - Billy Graham and his ilk are fraaaauuuds to the max.

• Virgil W
    Virgil W wrote:

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.~ Bruce

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.