Discussion » Sports & Activities » Gymnastic Gym

• Tony Kwong
    Tony Kwong wrote:

I posted this on thebeijinger. Just wanted to spread the word out.

----

As started by "keyulian" about finding a venue for a Gymnastic gym. (http://www.thebeijinger.com/forum/2006/12/05/Gymnasticsacrobatics-classes-Beijing)

I'm interested into finding a venue or place like this. Although I know that there a lot of Chinese Acrobatic Schools but my situation is the same keyulian.
    Just dropping in from time to time to practice some acrobats. In my case is Parkour.

To top with that, I do not want any people suggesting to find an ex-acrobatic instructor because I'm not interested on getting instructed, I'm interested in the place where I can bring in my friends and practice from time to time.

Gymnastic Gym such as foam pits, high beams, trampolin. Where there's space to allow you to jump around.
    I do not mean a place to lift weights, ride bicycles or treadmill.

Also, it will be nice if it welcomes foreigners. But I'm fine if they don't.

• №❶ Passioη

I was in your shoes for a long time, posted mine on bjstuff but it appears not many people go to Gym for acrobatics so my options usually narrowed down to a "stadium" or just a few university sports centers.

Most Gym houses in Beijing use rented office spaces and basements. Usually the ceilings of these places are too low to include parkour so they're filled up with equpments and activities only for sloppy boys and girls.

Settling for less, I often take to the open spaces: university football fields, people come watch and applaud... I've not done this for months though, loosing my skills AND I've been looking for a challenger to boost my morale. How good you?

• №❶ Passioη

You got me dear friend... Contact me anytime you wanna play ;)

• №❶ Passioη

Hehe, whatelse would it be? I am a seeking acrobat just like you are... I have the skills, I know the place but I just dont have someone worthy to boost my morale...

How many skills do you think you can bring to the table? can you do any doubles? (back and / or front) or at least any double-twists... If you can, then you're surely down...

• №❶ Passioη

wow.. probably different from what I expected... If not blocked, see an example of what we do:

• №❶ Passioη

@ Helen

Tony is right, That's just for children. If you could see the video you'd know my venue is usually an open space (football feild or something) for raw acrobatics... No trampoline, just grass

@ Tony,

The good news is: spring has come.. there has been a few showers these days so the ground is softer... You can do a head stand with no injuries. There is a perfect university in WuDaoKou... let's PM each other and work this out shall we?

• №❶ Passioη

@ Helen - Now I wish this website had video uploading features on the forum... The video doesn't contain more than a crew of gravity defying freaks (us) jumping around in an open field near daytona beach; and onlookers applauding for the freaks...

Just imagining it may do ;

• pommie
    pommie wrote:

Heyrobics

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.