Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » advise for Changzhou

• DoctorQ
    DoctorQ wrote:
    <p>Hi there!...</p> <p>I&acute;ve been offered a nice job opportunity in Changzhou, Jiangsu...does anyone have any advise in terms of cost of life, rent, food, etc?...what about climate, people, transportation?...</p> <p>I need more info to make a decision...</p> <p>Appreciate any answer/suggestions</p> <p>Thanks in advance...</p>
  • Hilde Kolkinn
    Hilde Kolkinn wrote:

yes, i´ve checked on google...but need some more specific info...

..specially apt rental...cost and quality of life

...or something like an expat social network as WLIB...

thanks for your answer

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

there are plenty of webs that you can find with all the info you need but if you are searching for info directly from laowai who work there. that may be difficult.

I have been researching many cities around China about living, working, house price, foods etc and to see which has the best of all we want.

thus far, Kunming has taken 1st prize.

i heard parts of jiangsu are nice and according to what I have been told by many  locals, People from Jiangsu are supposedly highly intelligent.

pm me if you need more info

• Hilde Kolkinn
    Hilde Kolkinn wrote:

Thanks Tuco

yes, i´ve been searching on laowai sites...and don´t get much...

i´ll consider to PM you for more info

Thanks again

• Hilde Kolkinn
    Hilde Kolkinn wrote:

...any advise, Lizzy Salmon?...

• Hilde Kolkinn
    Hilde Kolkinn wrote:

environment much better...hmmm...that sounds good...thanks for the valuable advise

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

spent four years in Nanjing, a nearby city...All I want to say is that those cities get no heater in winter :(

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

yeah...I still don't know why the heater is not a standard equipment for typical apartment around that area. people never complain about it? or people just used to it

• Hilde Kolkinn
    Hilde Kolkinn wrote:

not that cold meaning...below zero temperatures?...i´ve been in BJ with -15C for two months...and really needed heat...but if CZ is southern...is as cold?...

There must be other ways to heat the apartment...

• Hilde Kolkinn
    Hilde Kolkinn wrote:

sounds good...much better than BJ cold...what about air?...being beside a river may result in a lack of pollution...or. at least much less...i must say i like cold rather than hot weather...

• Hilde Kolkinn
    Hilde Kolkinn wrote:

Thanks everyone for the info...

what about apartment rental?...is it as high as BJ or SH?...

• Hilde Kolkinn
    Hilde Kolkinn wrote:

hey, thanks everyone...

now i´m getting a clearer picture...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.