Discussion » Nonsense » Need help about transprot in US,CA

• 申琪 Annie Shen
    申琪 Annie Shen wrote:
    <p>I m new to US,CA,</p> <p>wondering anyone could help me out of rental cars n driving.</p> <p>I just learned driving at China,so so so fresh to me,n havent tried drive on the real roads,so anyone could tell me anything?</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

If you already have a Chinese driver's license, you may (I'm not sure the rule in Cali) drive in cali for several months with it and its english translation, then you may want to apply for a cali driver's license if you are gonna stay in cali for a long time.

You'd better check the cali dmv website for more details

http://dmv.ca.gov/portal/home/dmv.htm

Wait, you never drive on the real roads in China? then I assume that you don't have a Chinese driver's license right? then stop thinking about driving in any country until you get the license. it's illegal and extremely dangerous

• 申琪 Annie Shen

I do have a liciense! just havent try on real road at China.

about the web,i will check it,thanks

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... at least, in both cases, you are driing on the wrong side of the road ...

Jan 1999 ... just after midnight at Newark (New York), I was trying to find my way from airport to hotel (about 45 min drive), driving for the first time on the "wrong side of the road", and I kept finding myself driving too close to the right, sometimes riding on two lanes ...

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

yes, forget your Chinese driver's license. I'm quite sure that if someone can master Beijing's traffic condition, he/she has the ABILITY to master any places in the US, and all the things he/she needs to do for driving in the US is to be less "wild", haha. However, since you never be on the real road, it's another issue, you may want to get a learner's permit and practice for awhile carefully.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

be aware of how the differences of driving in China and the USA are.

If you come back to china after driving in the USA you will be totally shocked.

Do not live on your horn in California, we americans tend to look down on horn lovers.

when parking your car, physically turn your head around to see where you are backing up to. do not rely on mirrors.

last but not least, maybe you will learn why there are tons of jokes about Chinese drivers in the usa.

good luck

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... mirrors?

Average Chinese are more high-tech than that, I noticed that even some little QQ or Chery has been installed with sensors in the back bumper bar ...

Oh ... make sure you "indicate" ... BEFORE you change lane or turn ... or you are likely to lose (all) your points ... or all your money (for tickets) ...

Q: they use "point system" in US, right?

• 申琪 Annie Shen

well guess i d better stay inside the house!

wild america!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.