Discussion » Sports & Activities » push hands

• Dave
    Dave wrote:
    <p>the nice weather is back</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>anyone what to head to a park to push hands?</p>
  • Zoe Zhong
    Zoe Zhong wrote:

you mean, playing Taiji?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

C'mon John! I'm 130 pounds soaking wet and have never set foot in a dojo in my life, but even I knew what they were talking about. It's a basic exercise in Tai Chi where you and a partner attempt push against one another, but without putting up resistance, and while attempting to cultivate sensitivity to the partner's intentions, so as to predict the direction they are going to push.

Sounds kinda sissy, but that's why taijiquan is so influential as a 'soft' martial art style.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

I see what you did thar.

• Stine Ekren
    Stine Ekren wrote:

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Are you sure that's really winning?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

A while ago, I was at a shopping mall and I saw this 15 year old kid playing Street Fighter in front of a crowd of his peers. When I placed my coin on the cabinet to indicate that I was in queue to play, his friends started chuckling. They laughed even harder when I made a Dan-style fist pump after finishing him with a super combo. I guess they thought that it was completely fucking stupid for a 28 year old laowai to congratulate himself for beating someone half his age.

And now I'm posting my anecdote in this thread even though I'll freely admit that it's totally irrelevant.

Sorry, John, but I'm busy doing important things, like playing videogames and masturbating constantly. In my stead, I recommend you watch Over the Top with Sylvester Stallone. It's exactly like Rocky, except they're not boxing. They're armwrestling. Doesn't that sound exciting?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

They didn't invite me because they thought I would denounce their party as decadent capitalist collaboration.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.