Discussion » Gaming » UNO, Monopoly etc

• 阿姆
    阿姆 wrote:
    <p>Ok I just bought Monopoly that i haven't played in&nbsp;decades and absolutely lovin it!&nbsp; What board or card games you like?</p>
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Oh hey there I'm just going to nerd up your thread with Dungeons & Dragons and other pencil & paper games.

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Magic: The Gathering. (Card Game)

• Yasir A.J
    Yasir A.J wrote:

MONOPLOY is the best! LUV it

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@SereneT,  Haha. I meant pencil & paper RPGs, like 龙与地下城, but those are all right too I suppose.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@SereneT, Like I said, it's nerdy. Certainly nerdier than their modern computer descendents.

• Amalie Sæverud

the sims?  lol love desire? who is into it?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

三国杀,麻将

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

When my lessons went over poorly, or if I ran out of shit to talk about, I would let my students play Mafia, as long as they were well-behaved and promised to speak English.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... had anyone heard of "Acquire"?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... 阿姆雷特, it is a board game about M&A ...  

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Risk is awesome. Me and my sisters used to play this game called Pay Day all the time. I have no idea why, but as a kid that was the only board game that was at all interesting. Everything else was really a BOREDgame, amirite?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

Hahahaha ... my first and last time playing RISK was in the late 70's ... can't really recall much of it ...

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

三国杀,maybe the most popular game among Chinese dudes now. I heard that it has english version in the US, or you may want to download the bunch of pics online and print them out on thick paper. Not so sure about it. Basically it's kind like a combination of the monopoly and mafia, incorporated with a part of Chinese history. Quite fun!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@阿姆雷特, D&D demands a level of English skill that many native speakers lack, particularly when it comes to the nuances of the rules system. The old rulebooks were thick as fuck and written in a non-standard vocabulary.

I love Risk, but perhaps owing to my being a dirty hippy, I'm naturally quite terrible at warfare.

I've heard of 三国杀 and I'd really like to get into it, but my Chinese sucks. If anyone puts together an English 三国杀 club, I'd love to be in on it.

• Simen Wangberg

RISK! is incredibly time-consuming but pretty awesome. That is a hilarious anecdote about the Chinese players too. I think that's called "turtling".

So who's up for a rousing game of Mall Madness?

@阿姆雷特: Battleship is Russian? I was not aware. But I used to play it all the damn time as a kid. Also, apparently they're trying to make a movie out of it.

Yes, Hollywood, please continue to rape the shit out of everything I once held dear. See also: the upcoming Monopoly movie. I wish I was joking. Although I never even really liked Monopoly all that much.

• Simen Wangberg

Mall Madness is for everyone. It's for the world. The universe at large. Actually it's stupid, I just wanted to see if anyone remembered it.

Nah we definitely played a shitload of Battleship back in the States. It's an old-ass game actually, dates back to pre-World War I or something like that.

• Simen Wangberg

Also, H-9.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Battleship was an old Milton Bradley game, but I'm not sure who the original creator was. Mafia and Tetris are definitely of Russian origin, though, and those are totally fucking awesome.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

any foreigners who play mahjiong?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

@Da Fan,

I sort of know Chongqing rules, thanks to Michael's ladypal. But those rules seem easier for laowai than the other styles of majiang.

Except for that stupid solitaire puzzle "Mah Jhong" that my grandparents play on the computer. Ugh.

@Scott,

You're on, comrade. Although I'm sure I'll end up dead in Mexico with an icepick in my back, wonky menshevik that I am.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

@Dando Z 单独子

Yeah, I can never forget when I found "MahJhong" in Win7? accessory, excitedly clicked it, and it came out to be shite..

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

ummm, I do EVERYTHING slow XD

• Simen Wangberg

I'm completely down for a RISK! gathering, just throwing that out there. This could be an actual thing.

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Ding.

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

Scrabble

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Scrabble is great, but it's too language specific. RISK! is geopolitical fun for the whole cadre.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Scrabble...anyone ever heard of the scrabble dictionary?! I cannot believe someone really memorize it for the game. in that dictionary, "qi" is a word!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Yeah, but let's be careful. RISK! is a gateway drug to Axis & Allies. And then, before you know it, we'll be obese neckbeards painting Warhammer miniatures.

• Simen Wangberg

Ohhhh shit. Axis & Allies. Uhhhh. Let's stick with RISK!

RISKY BUSINESS!

tā de
    它的

1.它的 {tā de} its; thereof
  • Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

I would fully be in for a game of Risk

• Christian Hansen

You guys should try Ticket to Ride (http://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/) it is easy to play and addicitive. I totally love it, good strategy-based game.

By the way, you can get Risk at taobao.com for less than 60kuais

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Scott,

The problem with your theory is that Warhammer is infinitely geekier than D&D, but is nonetheless played with only standard d6s.

• Simen Wangberg

UNO?

What kind of UNO do YOU know?!

For some reason it didn't occur to me to post that until now

Proceed as you were before

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

So....me being very Russian and all, I just googles RISK because I've never played it and in the description it said "world domination". I think I'll enjoy that game:)

• Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:

googled*

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.