Discussion » Nonsense » Western Union fees?

• 袜子
    袜子 wrote:
    <p>Any of you guys have experience sending money to the States or elsewhere via Western Union? Wondering what their fees are like. Isn't it something like...$20 for every $500 or so that you send back? And then probably some kind of "processing fee" or whatever? Anyone have any idea?</p>
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:

I know we've had this thread before... I don't remember the western union fees, but I remember they were cheaper than wire transfers for small amounts of money, and more expensive for large amounts. I think the max daily is 8 or 10k USD, and at that amount or higher the wire is a better deal.

• Simen Wangberg

Yeah, I know we discussed this at some point but I lost the thread and couldn't be buggered to search for it. Did a little more research and found that it is significantly cheaper for small transfers and costly for larger ones, as you said. Thanks gents!

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Jesus. Wire fees at Bank of China are more like 250. Now I feel 250 for not trying Western Union first.

• Simen Wangberg

Ahahaha. I see what ya did there.

Addendum: do you guys know what info you need to have, as far as the recipient goes? I believe you need the recipient's:

name, address, phone number, bank name, bank address, account number and "SWIFT" code (whatever the fuck that is)? Any more or less than that?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Y'know the numbers on the bottom of your checks? One of them is your account number. On the other side of the || is the bank's SWIFT code.

• Stevie Wonder
    Stevie Wonder wrote:

western union are charging too much.go to money grame.i sent 1500USD to africa and i paid just 18USD.am really serious.u can go and ask in their offices.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.