Discussion » Music » Where to find a good bass amp?

• Josh Neal
    Josh Neal wrote:

Are there any bassists out there? I will need to buy a bass amp in the coming months and I'm hoping someone knows where to get a good deal..

I want to find something like a GK 150. Light enough to carry but loud enough to scare the drummer.

Anyone had any luck buying amps on Taobao? I have had a bass made from a company that I found on there but I'm not sure if its a great place to be buying something heavy like an amp.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

There are a bunch of guitar shops near nan luo gu xiang (go towards an ding men nei da jie) or at xin jie kou. Probably a decent enough place to start.

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

do not buy shit from tao bao. you never know what it is.

you can have a look at guitarchina.com

there are few stores in beijing which have good amps

henyun in xinjiekou is one

music 7 in gulou

and a few others i cannot think of

but expect to drop more than usual for what you need and i dont know why you wanna buy one, when you go to a studio, rented one, they will provide you with something but i see most studio amps are usually not very good. it is a crap shoot.

some people rent their own studios out, buy equipment for themselves and jam there.

this is unusual. but it does happen.

i dont know many people who can buy good enough amps.

the one i want is about 40,000 rmb. I am not dropping that kind of yuan on something i find here within china. I would buy it abroad and ship back. if i wanted

shows will also have everything you need minus your bass and pedals etc.

contact me if you wanna know more

• №❶ Passioη

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

yes sure taobao works forsomethings. however, if i buy an amp or something related to one of my 1000 hobbies, i want to put that thing into use before i buy it. thats why i go to stores in xinjiekou or gu lou.

another thing, do not walk in there alone, if you are a laowai, they will phuck you over.

bring one of your friends with you who is chinese and knows music. if you dont know anyone. let me know i can find someone to help you . people who know the scene, plays music(i know a couple of bass players) and can lead you to good stores.

for studios:

yes i think most bands just rent the rooms which come configured with just about all you need. there are many studios around. depending on where you live.

fierce studio was always my favorite but its in gongzhufen. and then there is one in xitucheng which was great for me as location, there are also some high end studios around too.

remember, you get what you pay for. so thats 25-35 an hour for crap to decent

and 75-100 an hour for good ones.

recording? well yea if you got the space, do it up, i would love to see that! i never set up a drum room. we always went to a studio for drums.

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

Music 7 might be worth it to check out. on the east end of Gu Lou Dong Da Jie, close to that Peking Duck place 100m away from Jiao Dao Kou intersection.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.